BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #1  

jduderdad

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I have a BX2200 that was having issues turning over and starting. I replaced the battery and still have same issue. Can hear the fuel pump going and the starter tryes to turn the engine over but just makes a loud clicking noise. Is the starter bad? Seloniod? Help please

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #2  
I've replaced two or three starters on those machines because of the solonoids. You hit the key to start and all you get is a "click". A quick test is keep your key in the crank position and tap on the starter with a small hammer. If it starts to crank (I suspect it will) then its the starter. Rather than just replacing the solonoid I replaced the starter because of the low cost.
Hope this helps and welcome to the site

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #3  
You say the starter tries to turn the engine over, is that because you see a little movement in the fan blade or does it do like a 1/2 rotation? Was the new battery charged, have you tried boosting with your car\truck? Clicking starter Solenoid ususally relates to a week battery. If battery is good then...

I would do some gentle tapping on the starter with a small hammer and then try and start it, you may have some brushes seized or warn down too much.

How many hours on the tractor?

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #5  
I have a BX2200 that was having issues turning over and starting. I replaced the battery and still have same issue. Can hear the fuel pump going and the starter tryes to turn the engine over but just makes a loud clicking noise. Is the starter bad? Seloniod? Help please

The problem you have is a safety switch is not activating. Try moving the PTO lever if not all of them and turning the key at the same time. I have the exact same problem. Just have not had the time to take the tire off and see what the problem is. It is a simple fix. Good luck and welcome to TBN

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #6  
I fall in the yankees camp of levers first. Its the easiest and free thing to check. 4shorts also makes a good point on solenoid as cars do the same thing. Just need to do a little more troubleshooting instead of part swapping and hoping.

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #7  
As others have said, safety switches are all over the BX2200.

Try jiggling all of the levers one at a time and then try starting after each lever is bumped.

You likely know this but make sure it is in neutral, both PTOs are disengaged, sit on the seat, put on the brake, and generally shut down ever possible function except the start key.

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #8  
If your solenoid clicks when the key is turned to the crank position, the safety switches are OK. With a safety switch out of position, there will be no power to the solenoid, and no click.
First, make sure that the starter and battery connections are clean and tight. With a voltmeter, take a voltage reading at the starter while attempting to crank. Cranking voltage should be above 9.6 volts. If the voltage measures 12 volts and all you get is the click, the starter is bad.
In most cases, a starter that won't run will need the brushes replaced. This is much cheaper than replacing the starter.

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #9  
In most cases, a starter that won't run will need the brushes replaced. This is much cheaper than replacing the starter.

I don't see it that way. I replaced the starter on the last two that I did. The new starter cost $120. With a 3 year warranty. If you just replace the brushes now or the solonoid who's to say another part won't go in a month or so.
My thought are IF you have to remove the starter at all, shove a new one in and be done with it.
Just my :2cents: worth. :D

/ BX2200 Wont Start, New Battery, fule pump runs and starter clicks #10  
I guess I'm from the old school. I almost always disassemble failed components to see what went wrong... and repair, if it is something simple.