Bx2660 woods rcc42

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #11  
   / Bx2660 woods rcc42
If this guy would call me back I could go find out already

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #13  
I really appreciate it.View attachment 309629 can you tell from the pic if it has a slip clutch.

Can't tell from the picture, but looking at the size of the cowling around the clutch / shear pin housing it probably does. Question is do you need a slip clutch... probably not necessary. If it doesn't have one just be sure you carry extra shear pins, it only takes a few minutes to replace one.

By the way, can't know without looking and trying, but the deck looks to be in great shape.

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42
Well I bought it the drive shaft is completely covered by a plastic housing but it sais sc on it so I believe it has a slip clutch I don't see a pin ill attach a pic

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42
image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #16  
You need to take the cowling off and adjust he slip clutch as per manual. They can rust and not slip properly.

This is for our Woods 121, so you eed one for your model, but it will give you and idea.

SLIP CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT
A slip clutch is designed to slip, protecting the gearbox
and driveline, should the cutter strike an obstruction.
A new slip clutch, or one that has not been used for
three months, may seize. To free the clutch, shut tractor
off, loosen the spring tension on all six bolts, start
tractor and engage tractor PTO to slip the clutch. Shut
tractor off, tighten all bolts two turns, start tractor and
again engage tractor PTO to slip the clutch. When
clutch slips freely, shut tractor off and tighten springs
evenly as necessary to prevent slippage. Do not
exceed the maximum compression of 1-3/4" at dimension
“A”.
If a clutch continues to slip with springs compressed to
the maximum setting, check friction disc (5) for excessive
wear. Discs are 1/8" thick when new. Replace after
1/32" wear. (Minimum disc thickness is 3/32".)

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42
So this is a slip clutch under the cowling? I haven't had a chance to look. Had to take the wife to the mall so I wouldn't have to hear about the 800 I spent on another " lawn cutter digger thingy"

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #18  
So this is a slip clutch under the cowling? I haven't had a chance to look. Had to take the wife to the mall so I wouldn't have to hear about the 800 I spent on another " lawn cutter digger thingy"

Thankfully my wife likes this stuff too, she claimed the BX's when she retired and when I talked about selling the BX2200, she decided we "need" both, one for mowing the yard and one for digging, bush hogging and moving stuff off her walking path.

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #19  
The first order of business is go to Every Thing Attachments and look/review the video Ted has posted on how to size a PTO shaft to the tractor and implement. Please do this before attempting to use. Expensive damage could occur.

Remove or open the flap cover on gear box end. Look inside and you should see a round disc with bolts with springs held on by nut around the outer edge of the disc. This will be the slip clutch. Loosen the nuts on all the bolts. Attach the rotary cutter to the tractor and drive into some tall grass. The clutch should slip. If it doe not slip it is rusted to the mating plate. Gentle now, pry the disc apart. Do not damage the clutch.

If it does slip, slowly tighten the nuts equally around the disc until the clutch just stops slipping when in use cutting grass. Replace the inspection/repair coverage and enjoy.

/ Bx2660 woods rcc42 #20  
I answered your message, but I will say it here as well.

The BX series do not require a slip clutch. Its protected from overrun within the output section of the Kubota PTO drive, and a shear bolt in the PTO connection to the mower's gear box.