Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Thanks everyone I just removed the cover and it has a shear bolt no slip clutch so I don't have to worry about it. As far as sizing it goes it came of another bx does it matter which model of bx? Should I be checking the length still?

  2. #22
    Veteran Member CHDinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,153
    Location
    Connecticut
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro71 View Post
    Thanks everyone I just removed the cover and it has a shear bolt no slip clutch so I don't have to worry about it. As far as sizing it goes it came of another bx does it matter which model of bx? Should I be checking the length still?
    You're probably OK, but that assumes the original owner cut it to the proper length. Also, some of the earlier BX models used a different 3PH set up, so it would be best to check. I would mount the cutter without the PTO and check the length from shaft to shaft at ground level, when fully horizontal and when fully up, then measure the PTO shaft minimum length and maximum length to see if it safely meets your measurements.
    Chris

    2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

  3. #23
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Quote Originally Posted by CHDinCT View Post
    You're probably OK, but that assumes the original owner cut it to the proper length. Also, some of the earlier BX models used a different 3PH set up, so it would be best to check. I would mount the cutter without the PTO and check the length from shaft to shaft at ground level, when fully horizontal and when fully up, then measure the PTO shaft minimum length and maximum length to see if it safely meets your measurements.
    Thanks it was running on a bx purchased five years ago but ill check anyway

  4. #24
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Thanks everyone for the help, it seems like its in great shape. As soon as my bushings for the qiuick hitch show up ill try it out. I've got new gear lube how is the gearbox drained?

  5. #25
    Gold Member unbidden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    421
    Location
    R.I.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro71 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help, it seems like its in great shape. As soon as my bushings for the qiuick hitch show up ill try it out. I've got new gear lube how is the gearbox drained?
    Here is the manual.

    If it's like others I've seen, there should be a drain plug bolt on the bottom of the gear housing (above the deck, not under the deck).


    Foster Center, RI

  6. #26
    Platinum Member Scotty Dive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    775
    Location
    Ct
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    Does the RC 442 have a "stump jumper"?
    Thanks,

    Scotty Dive
    Yanmar YM2020D "Git er Done Too"
    Pictures! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=dfc00199.pbw
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

  7. #27
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter

    Default Re: Bx2660 woods rcc42

    No I don't believe so, funny it's been a while since I bought it and sharpened the blades but I don't trembler seeing one. I cut mostly smaller stuff so I haven't worried about it. Overall it cuts great but it's obvious it isn't as heavy duty as others. The deck has taken some beatings when in reverse it dents up pretty easy when bumped into trees even going real slow and easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  2. Mowing ENGINE RPM's on BX2660 for Running Woods Rotary Cutter
    By Lumberdink in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 06:50 AM
  3. Comparison 2008 BX2660 vs 2011 BX2660?
    By lavajavadude in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM
  4. Woods GB60 too big for BX2660?
    By connor77 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. BX2660 & Woods BH6000
    By dvmccll in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 02:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.