L4400 Suspension seat freezes up

/ L4400 Suspension seat freezes up #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I didn't even know my L4400 had a suspension seat when I bought it new because it was already frozen up. When I read about the seat on TBN I went and worked it up and down and sprayed WD40 on the joints until they loosened and it worked again.

But every time I lay it up a couple of weeks it freezes back up. I keep it under cover and it has never been in the rain. Does anyone know an easy way to loosen it up and keep it from freezing up again without completely dismantling the seat?

/ L4400 Suspension seat freezes up #2  
I didn't even know my L4400 had a suspension seat when I bought it new because it was already frozen up. When I read about the seat on TBN I went and worked it up and down and sprayed WD40 on the joints until they loosened and it worked again.

But every time I lay it up a couple of weeks it freezes back up. I keep it under cover and it has never been in the rain. Does anyone know an easy way to loosen it up and keep it from freezing up again without completely dismantling the seat?

I can only speak to my experience with the L3400hst I had, When I got the seat freed up the first time, I soaked everything with Fluid Film and never had any more trouble with the seat. Fluid Film stays put, and is almost like a very light grease after a while, and penetrates like a liquid when first applied. I really like it for any kind of protection and lube of machinery. It is way better than WD40, ad WD40 evaporates and does not leave much in the way of protection or lubrication behind.. I use WD40 as a cleaner. and as a moisture displacer. It works well for that.. but in my opinion it is a very poor lube.

James K0UA

/ L4400 Suspension seat freezes up #3  
My opinion is much the same as James', I try not to use WD as a longterm lubricant. Plain old motor oil works if you can get it in the bushings.

Sean

/ L4400 Suspension seat freezes up #4  
Almost all penetrants are very poor lubricants. The old acetone and ATF fluid mixture would be my choice for loosening and lubricating. For looser joints, I use the spray white lithium grease for such things as door hinges, locks and sliding components on outside equipment that needs some rust protection and lubrication. If you had a way to get it to the seat components, I would use that or spray some in a container, cut it with some acetone to make it more fluid and brush it on the area or use a pump style oil can (anyone still have one of those?)

/ L4400 Suspension seat freezes up #5  
Just a thought. Is the Suspension Adjust Handle sticking or broken? It is located on the back underside of the seat, just above the TopLink. BTW, I have a L4400.