Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW

/ Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
I am creeping up on a L3540 with FEL.

I have R4 Industrial Tires on my B3300SU.

I know what R1 Ag Tires and Turf Tires are about.

In Kubota's L40 catalog two other tire types are optional:

GALAXY TIRE, LSW TURF TIRE

Nothing comes up on a search.

Anyone out there optioned one of the above?

/ Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW #3  
There is (or was) 3 types of turfs offered. One type is standard turfs. No tractor in the brochure has them mounted. They are mismatched tread front to rear, not a very impressive looking tire. The second type offered is the galaxy tire, or golf course tire as I like to call it. It is the same tire you see in SBAKF's post, and the same tire you see pulling the reel mower in the brochure. Very little tread depth, very short tire, but very wide. I have the 3rd type, which is a Titan Multi-Trac. In the brochure, it is on the tractor using the rotary broom. I found this to be a fair comprimise, since most of my work is mowing, some snow removal, and some fel duties. Works great in grass, snow, and dirt. Not great in mud, but it does ok. Rear size is 44x18-20, front is 29x12.5-15. Philip.

Attachments

• plow01.jpg
    plow01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,823
  • DSCN0099.jpg
    DSCN0099.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,531
   / Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW #4  
Here is a pic of the standard set of Kubota turfs. When I bought tractor, the tires I wanted was not in stock, had to special order, take about 5 days to get. It had R4's mounted as new rolling rubber, but dealer had a set of used standard turfs on lot, so they mounted those so I could take tractor home and start my bush hogging job. Now you have seen all 3 types of turfs offered by Kubota. Philip.

Attachments

• BUSHHOG1.jpg
    BUSHHOG1.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 716
   / Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW #5  
I have the titans on my 3540. They have held up well through 750 hours of commercial year round use. I figure i will get another 150 out of the fronts and another 350 out of the rears.

/ Grand L40 Series - Tire Options - Galaxy/LSW #6  
I also have the Titan turfs and they work very well. I would get them again, much better than the industrials I had on my B3030 in snow and lawn friendly.