Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Default Re: biased video?

Free is always good.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Advertising people have to sell what is put in front of them. If a product has real advantages they do not have to depend on bogus gimmicks or put down the competition.

The current crop of adds seems to indicate there is not all that much difference between the major brands.

Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    Advertising people have to sell what is put in front of them. If a product has real advantages they do not have to depend on bogus gimmicks or put down the competition.

The current crop of adds seems to indicate there is not all that much difference between the major brands.
    I agree, when you are saying that the floor mats make the difference then there ain't much difference.
    You would think that for the money that is at stake here they would put more effort into their add videos and that includes all the major manufacturers adds . I have yet to see one that wasn't amateurish and petty.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

I wish the ____________ brand vs ___________ brand videos would go away! Just tell me about your machine! It is up to me, the consumer, to do the comparison based on my purposes. These comparison vids usually compare apples to oranges.

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
    I like the part where he said the major components on the JD were made by JD for JD and then goes on to say the major components on the kubota are made in Japan. It would have been nice if would have said the JD's engine was made in Mexico and the transmission in China. I'd prefer Japan over China and Mexico like JD's smaller tractors.
    If my smaller JD was made in Mexico or China I'm gonna be pissed. I am good with some parts being outsourced to stay competitive, thats business, but not the whole tractor. I will have to add that to our "false advertising" lawsuit. Although I probably am OK with my Yanmar engine being made in Mexico. My 96 yo grandfather, having served in WWII is probably still holding a grudge. I'm gonna call him right now and let him know Yanmar produces their engines in Mexico and not Japan anymore.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Another one of those things about everyone does, I have seen kubota pointing out how superior they are to John Deere. No doubt there are some features in the John Deere that I like and some in the Kubota, I could be happy in either one of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12