Kubota l3540 loader bucket

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #1  

jack9166

Tractor
Kubota L3540
Hi, I have a 66 inch quick attach bucket now but want to buy another one to put my toothbar on because it would be easier to switch buckets than to take TB on and off when needed. Where is a good place to buy and how much should I expect to pay for a OEM kubota bucket. Thanks

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #2  
Kubota has HD buckets for the L, 66" and 72" these might be better for your tooth bar. Or you could get a skid-steer bucket.

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #3  
Get another 66" bucket from Kubota and bolt in a tooth bar! It is about as reasonable as any thing and it will still leave plenty of lift capacity for a good load.

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #4  
Or you could get a skid-steer bucket.

I would not recommend most Skid Steer buckets for a CUT. Generally they are very deep (cutting edge to the back of the bucket), this greatly reduces your break out force, and lift cap.
Skid Steers have more powerful loaders so it isn't a problem.

Bill

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #5  
From one of the TBN advertisers. The price is reasonable.
Construction Attachments General Purpose Compact Tractor, Loader, Standard Bucket, Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach, CAL, 1GPCMP

/ Kubota l3540 loader bucket #6  
I recently bought a L3540 with the LA724 FEL and have the same plan as you - have two buckets - one smooth and one toothed. In my area the toothbar costs almost as much as the bucket itself so I will be buying a toothed bucket (i.e. weld-on/pin-on teeth). I will be getting a skid-steer bucket as they are fairly plentiful, can often be found used and are, typically, a sturdy build for digging.

I had the debate on whether a skid-steer bucket would work well on my CUT or not. I posed the question and got a great piece of advice - rent one. It cost me $20 for a weekend and now I know how it will perform on my tractor with my soil conditions.

My posting and my results are in:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/262847-practicalities-skid-steer-bucket-fel.html