a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST

/ a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST #11  
Too much fuel and not enough air, and you get black smoke from a Diesel engine.
Add more diesel, and you get more black smoke.

You might be able to swap the next larger sized engine into the machine.

A small turbocharger, or supercharger might help somewhat.

Ideally your turbocharger/supercharger would include an O[sub]2[/sub] sensor or particulate sensor and only engage when the engine is sucking too much power and blowing smoke.

The big question is whether your little 3 cyl engine can handle the increased pressures.

/ a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST #13  
Yeah ~~ But what I was thinking is that air on a diesel is always wide open ... even at idle. -- This is a requirement for compression ignition. -- Throw more fuel in it tries to idle faster and the governor cuts back. At part throttle the governor should increase the injection to hold rpm as load increases. This increase should continue til you hit the limit set into the injector pump. Thats why Im thinking the fuel screw just increases that limit. It would follow that the engine would run the same at low to normal max load, but higher ultimate load would be possible by wasting a little diesel/black smoke. :confused3:
larry

Spyderlk,

I was fixed on air/fuel - and 90cummins explained it as well you did too, constant air in a diesel means lower rpm and load higher mixture, and so on.

I suppose thats why some engines that always run at higher RPM have cleaner oil in a diesel. Less fouling. Well, I was wrong, but I agree a turbo is the better way to go - get more air at all RPMs and make use of the fuel.

Carl

/ a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST #14  
Photos of my turbo installation can be found in the reviews section of tractorbynet at the top of the home page.
Click reviews then Ford, then click on 1720.

/ a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST #15  
Too much fuel and not enough air, and you get black smoke from a Diesel engine.
Add more diesel, and you get more black smoke.

You might be able to swap the next larger sized engine into the machine.

A small turbocharger, or supercharger might help somewhat.

Ideally your turbocharger/supercharger would include an O[sub]2[/sub] sensor or particulate sensor and only engage when the engine is sucking too much power and blowing smoke.

The big question is whether your little 3 cyl engine can handle the increased pressures.

These small diesels currently do not have O2 or particulate sensors but rest assured these little engines can handle increased pressures.