Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    B7200HST

Default a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST

I like to have a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST.another engine maybe fit to the trany?a Turbo is maybe to hot for the engine? what is the best? or better never think about this
    Benbeno

Tractor
    2008 Kubota b2920

Quote Originally Posted by benbeno View Post
    I like to have a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST.another engine maybe fit to the trany?a Turbo is maybe to hot for the engine? what is the best? or better never think about this
    Benbeno
    What type of PTO work are you doing requiring higher HP?

Turn up the fuel screw maybe?

How much more HP are you looking for? Gotta stay realistic about any gains you may get
    ericher69
    IAFF Local 849

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Default Re: a bit more Horspower for my B7200HST

A turbo would be an awesome addition if the engine can handle it.

You may have better luck, and ultimately cheaper, trading for a bigger tractor. Of course if it is possible to turn up the fuel screw and you eked out 1.5 pto hp that is a 10% increase.
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    60D MMM w/ electric over hydraulic independent lift
    Custom Seat Springs (no more bottoming out)
    Single Point Quick Disconnect
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

When you turn up the fuel screw do you have reduced economy for normal tasks, or do you only get the increase when the task calls for it? ... To me, for diesel it would seem the latter case. -- Anybody know
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

In any engine the air and fuel need to be optimized so increasing the injector pressure will dump more fuel but with the same amount of air will pour black smoke - run rich etc - not to say what the extra/unburned fuel will do to the pistons and rings.

Not a good idea unless you add more air also (turbo) or larger pistons. Long and short - I wouldnt do anything.

Carl
    Kubota B21TLB, Ferris IS2000, Cub Cadet 1811

Tractor
    B7200HST

tx a lot for all those infos.It is only a idea from me to have a bit extra power on the pto.I'm retired now and got this B7200HST with a heated cabin, loader,snowblower,tiller and a extra skidlifter with only 520 hours on for a very good price.
    and for my 6 acre + land and a 1000feet driveway,I have some work to do.but for a bit extra power I dont like to burn the engine down.I have work a lot(tuning ect.) on gas engines but for a dieselengine I have no idea at all.better I leave it as he is right now it wil be the best to save money for nothing.
    again tx a lot and I use my time to give a new paintjob to this B7200

Benbeno

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_NH View Post
    In any engine the air and fuel need to be optimized so increasing the injector pressure will dump more fuel but with the same amount of air will pour black smoke - run rich etc - not to say what the extra/unburned fuel will do to the pistons and rings.

Not a good idea unless you add more air also (turbo) or larger pistons. Long and short - I wouldnt do anything.

Carl
    Yeah ~~ But what I was thinking is that air on a diesel is always wide open ... even at idle. -- This is a requirement for compression ignition. -- Throw more fuel in it tries to idle faster and the governor cuts back. At part throttle the governor should increase the injection to hold rpm as load increases. This increase should continue til you hit the limit set into the injector pump. Thats why Im thinking the fuel screw just increases that limit. It would follow that the engine would run the same at low to normal max load, but higher ultimate load would be possible by wasting a little diesel/black smoke.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Quote Originally Posted by benbeno View Post
    tx a lot for all those infos.It is only a idea from me to have a bit extra power on the pto.I'm retired now and got this B7200HST with a heated cabin, loader,snowblower,tiller and a extra skidlifter with only 520 hours on for a very good price.
    and for my 6 acre + land and a 1000feet driveway,I have some work to do.but for a bit extra power I dont like to burn the engine down.I have work a lot(tuning ect.) on gas engines but for a dieselengine I have no idea at all.better I leave it as he is right now it wil be the best to save money for nothing.
    again tx a lot and I use my time to give a new paintjob to this B7200

Benbeno
    Sounds like the best idea.
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1720 SSS 4x4

Adding a turbo would be nice addition to increase the PTO hp. Do not add a turbo to increase the drawbar HP on a hydrostatic transmission.
    I added a turbo to my Ford 1720 which was rated at 23 PTO hp. My reason for the turbo was marginal hp when using my snow blower; it frequently required me to use the clutch to avoid stalling the engine.
    I live the New England on a main road where the state highway trucks push up a deep heavy snow bank that I need to clear. My tractor was perfect in all other respects just lacked enough power.
    I thought about a turbo for quite a few years. The project started when I found one at a swap meet for $35.
    The results were nothing less than outstanding! Now it has the power to muscle thru the deep packed snow without using the clutch (abuse) to avoid stalling.
    A turbo can actually cool the exhaust temperatures by supplying excess air which allows additional fuel to be injected and combusted.
    Fuel consumption should not increase during normal use, if you don’t use the power it won’t use the fuel.
    Turbo’s do not require larger pistons or increased injector pressure. You merely adjust the injection pump to inject more fuel per event. That’s all not rocket science.
    Diesels operate with excess air unlike gasoline engines that require a precise constant air fuel ratio of 14 to 1 at all engine speeds.
    Diesels operate at air/fuel ratios of 100 to 1 at idle to approx. 16 to 1 at full power.
    Diesels are quite robust and for that reason tolerate turbocharging very, very well.
    I would turbo it!!
    90cummins

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Do you have pictures of that 1720? Would love to see 'em.
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast