ZD 21 wont start

/ ZD 21 wont start #1  

wopicetti

Tractor
2005 ZD21
Hi i have a 2005 ZD 21 pro deck will not start just clicks, i have check all saftey switches all ohm out good, also replaced key switch, checked fuses ect. checked contintuity of black with white strip wire connected to starter and its good im wondering what you guys think? maybe the controll box ? also will start right up if you jump starter. Also cleaned ground and battery.

Thanks in advance any help will be greatly appercated !

/ ZD 21 wont start #2  
Sounds like the solenoid might be bad since it will start if you jump the the starter, which is just bypassing the solenoid.

/ ZD 21 wont start #3  
The battery may be about kaput and won't take a charge. If it's the original battery, it's now past due for a replacement. Has it been charged up lately? The fact the engine will start and run fine with a jump says it's probably not a mechanical or a switch/wiring problem.

/ ZD 21 wont start #4  
Your missing something,my guess is a safety switch, from memory there are five, seat,PTO,Brake,left and right turn, there are two different color switchs, black and gray, and they are the weak link to the ZD21. If you jump the started by applying power to the small dia wire on the solenoid then that proves the solenoid is good,and also your battery. I have worked on ZD21 and those safety switchs were always the no start problem, testing them just doesn't prove anything,there are "Normaly Open and Closed", and everything works is a system. Best is to replace them, the ZD 21 has a very poor safety system.

/ ZD 21 wont start #5  
Seems obvious to me, like Grandad 44 said, its time for a battery. Most places like Autozone will load test it for you to make sure its bad.

/ ZD 21 wont start #6  
also will start right up if you jump starter. Also cleaned ground and battery.

Thanks in advance any help will be greatly appercated !
It's not the battery if you "Jump the Starter" (removing small wire at solenoid and apply power to that terminal)an it started, that is a safety switch. If you had a shorted or bad battery you would have to start it using another battery or jump starting the battery.

/ ZD 21 wont start #7  
That brings up the question. Did he mean jump the starter? Meaning did he bypass everything and hook a hot wire up to the starter to make it turnover? Or did he mean jump start the tractor with jumper cables going to the battery?

/ ZD 21 wont start
Battery is new and kept on tender and jump the starter. ( not with jumper cables ) i agree with Kubota 2007 with the safety switches. Do you think the controller for the safety switches maybe bad? or just replace all switches first. Yes there is 5 of the dam things i am half tempted to jump all them out ? Thanks again for all the imput you guys, i appercate it!

/ ZD 21 wont start #9  
Ok, I get it now, your jumping right to the starter. I agree, its probably one of the saftey switches, you just have to figure out which one. It seems common the PTO one hangs up.

/ ZD 21 wont start #10  
Yup. Sorry if I got everyone going in the wrong direction by misreading what wopicetti said.