Removing a decal from rental company

/ Removing a decal from rental company #11  
If you can get an edge started spray with WD 40 let sit peel and repeat

Not fast but will work

/ Removing a decal from rental company #12  
We use a tool from Pep Boys or some car parts store. It's a round wheel made of what looks like a natural-colored eraser. It has a shaft to chuck into a drill. Works great to take company decals off when we sell off trucks.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #13  
I think even if you remove the decal, the paint under will show the sun fade around the decal. I would leave it.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #14  
We use a tool from Pep Boys or some car parts store. It's a round wheel made of what looks like a natural-colored eraser. It has a shaft to chuck into a drill. Works great to take company decals off when we sell off trucks.

3M eraser wheel

Brett

/ Removing a decal from rental company #15  
be careful if you use a heat gun that you don't get the paint too hot and blister it.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #16  
Yeah! I liked that backhoe too! The rental company wouldn't miss it - I'm sure!

/ Removing a decal from rental company #17  
Just did this last week myself...power washer did the trick.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #18  
If you have a VERY steady hand...A heatgun/hair dryer and a std razor blade will do the trick...I did this all the time in my restoration days..Gotta keep the angle of the razor perfect or you dig into the paint...Not as hard as it sounds..Go easy on the Goof_Off---It will get into non-cleared paint...A little of that at a time with a 3 beer break between.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #19  
3M eraser wheel

Brett

Yep, that's it. One thing we've learned is that a light touch works well and makes the wheel last longer. When someone new tries it they want to push hard and it wears the wheel out-of-round.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #20  
If you can get an edge started spray with WD 40 let sit peel and repeat

Not fast but will work

3M eraser wheel

Brett

Yep, that's it. One thing we've learned is that a light touch works well and makes the wheel last longer. When someone new tries it they want to push hard and it wears the wheel out-of-round.

Good ideas. I don't like too much heat on paint and you can get too much almost before you realize it's too much.

3M adhesive remover with a stiff plastic putty knife if its really baked on or a body putty spreader to work a corner back and spray the adhesive remover under the edge then just keep working it back and give the adhesive remover some time to work.