BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,141  
My PC crashed about a month ago. Still dont have it back. I bought an IPad as I could not use the net. Wow did I miss a lot. I just spent this morning catching up. Paul, you do a great job with your fabs. Thanks for taking the time to post and comment. I did find I got a lot more done around the property with out spending so much time on TBN.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,143  
Thanks for your effort 4shorts for reposting the mirrors! You know, I did see them and now remember how you mounted them. I apologize but was very late night reading fighting jet lag, while I was in Singapore itching to get home to play with my new BX. If you remember, my very first post was on this thread. I also happened to be exactly the 1000th post too on this thread!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,144  
4shorts--welcome back. Worth noting is this thread has had 86,000 hits and nearly 1,200 replies!

The thing I admire most about your work--and there's a lot--is the way the mods look as though nature intended them that way. Take the side mirrors on the BX, for example, if I didn't know it was a mod I would be certain it was factory. Same for your exhaust setup on the cab tractor. Same for your wife's emblems that she makes. The mods don't look like mods but rather extensions of the factory design.

But I have a couple questions. How do you do it all? Since everything is so immaculate in your shop, which takes a lot of time and you work 14 hour or longer days plus take time to engineer future projects, how do you get it all done? When do you sleep? :)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,145  
Way to go young lady. That's telling him

Funny thing, 4shorts. I try to be a "lady", as my friends can attest. I just also believe in telling it like it is. Or as my grandparents used to say, "That's how the cow eats the corn". I am sure some will put the "B" word to me, more than once. I am OK with that. I will still stand for what I believe to be right.

So, I thank you ever so kindly for the compliment!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
#1,146  
My PC crashed about a month ago. Still dont have it back. I bought an IPad as I could not use the net. Wow did I miss a lot. I just spent this morning catching up. Paul, you do a great job with your fabs. Thanks for taking the time to post and comment. I did find I got a lot more done around the property with out spending so much time on TBN.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your computer crash but those iPads are great ;) Thanks for the compliment on my work. It won't please everyone but there's nothing made that will do that. Thank you for posting. It just makes the forum experience so much better when people join in. :)

ordered today thanks

Great! Your welcome but photo's are required after the installation ;)

Thanks for your effort 4shorts for reposting the mirrors! You know, I did see them and now remember how you mounted them. I apologize but was very late night reading fighting jet lag, while I was in Singapore itching to get home to play with my new BX. If you remember, my very first post was on this thread. I also happened to be exactly the 1000th post too on this thread!

Hey no problem. I figured I better start putting some photo's up anyways :laughing: I remember your first post and it's the ultimate compliment when someone has there first post on my thread so thank you very much for that. Man you really get around. welcome back. After what happened yesterday with the triple 7 I'm glad you made it back safely.

4shorts--welcome back. Worth noting is this thread has had 86,000 hits and nearly 1,200 replies!

The thing I admire most about your work--and there's a lot--is the way the mods look as though nature intended them that way. Take the side mirrors on the BX, for example, if I didn't know it was a mod I would be certain it was factory. Same for your exhaust setup on the cab tractor. Same for your wife's emblems that she makes. The mods don't look like mods but rather extensions of the factory design.

But I have a couple questions. How do you do it all? Since everything is so immaculate in your shop, which takes a lot of time and you work 14 hour or longer days plus take time to engineer future projects, how do you get it all done? When do you sleep? :)

Thanks Paul. That's a great compliment about my work or I should say "OUR" work now that Kathy is involved. You asked how I do it. Well I don't really work 14 hour shifts every day. Some days I only work 10- 12 so that leaves me with all that extra time to design and fab up stuff. My official work day starts at 8:30 but I can be found out in the shop anytime after 4 am doing my own stuff until the work day starts. It's not like that all the time and only when I'm on a roll with thoughts on designing things. Not often do I get more than four hours sleep per night. If I'm not in the shop then I'm doing work on the grounds such as this morning.

Got up at 7 am (Sleep in) Got the pavement crack sealing unit fired up and went sealing small cracks in the drive way. After that I went mowing and that took three hours including doing the ladies mowing next door. she's on her own so I try and sneak over when shes at work to do the mowing. It's been really hot these last few days and it's to much for her to handle on her own.
After that Kathy and I got the Mustang out and put the top down and went for a three hour drive. stopped into a small place for dinner and here I am back home responding to this thread. ;)
Picture below shows me sealing the cracks. Thanks for commenting.

Funny thing, 4shorts. I try to be a "lady", as my friends can attest. I just also believe in telling it like it is. Or as my grandparents used to say, "That's how the cow eats the corn". I am sure some will put the "B" word to me, more than once. I am OK with that. I will still stand for what I believe to be right.

So, I thank you ever so kindly for the compliment!

Well I had you figured out right. I'm the same way. My problem is I can't hold anything back and it gets me into trouble some times but I still think it's worth it :laughing: I have the utmost respect for anyone who can stand up for themselves and your on my top shelf when it comes to that :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,147  
When it starts off, "I think", it is just an opinion, guessed at, with varying degrees of accuracy. It is judging motives. We can sometimes judge actions, but we should not try to judge motives. Such comments have no value, and trying to judge motives usually ends up doing more harm than good. If this sounds like a sermon it might be because it is based on a biblical statement, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

I might add I don't refer to my wife as the "old lady" and don't know if 4shorts' wife, who reads these posts, will appreciate it either.

I once read, "Be careful of the words you speak, and keep them soft and sweet, for you never know the day, those words you'll have to eat."

There is also a difference between "mad" and "angry" or "offended". I doubt that 4shorts got "mad". Google "mad" and you will get the right definition and use of the word.

I think he got mad. What do you call your wife if you don't call here the old lady then?

farm88; Read my signature line. Your referral to a female as an "old lady" shouldn't even be used to talk about a 90 year old grandmother. Please try to show some manners.

I thought I was using manners by saying old lady. Most people only say old woman. Maybe they don;t say that in Canada. I guess young lady would be wrong to say also then. So should I call my wife a old nag then?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,148  
I think he got mad. What do you call your wife if you don't call here the old lady then?
So should I call my wife a old nag then?

Usually the term "old lady" is used in a derogatory manner. So while neither word is wrong or inflammatory by itself, the combo certainly can be. (Now that I think about it, as a teen it was used to refer to one's mother.) I call mine my better half or my wife, something that is at least neutral or complimentary. 4shorts call his "wifey".

I don't care what you call yours. If she hears it and doesn't complain about it, I guess you're in the clear.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,149  
If you use that term, you're clearly a bad-azzz.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,150  
Here my fuel storage Paul. Not a pretty as yours but it was cheap. Nozzle and hose free, steel for stand free, barrel $5 and the filter $40. I fill it once a year of 30 gal off road diesel. Saves me about $.60 a gal. Are you able to buy off road or none road taxed fuel Paul? It may save you a few bucks.............Oh and buy the way I like the black top sealer. How did you make that one? And let me also say you have been working way to many hours. Those legs of your need to get some sun. You are as white as a ghost.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chris