Page 13 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

I like the mods, I gotta get one of those square drill bits.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    I suppose... I saw $18.xx shipping on a $6.xx hook and kinda blanked out. lol.
    Yeah, I'd be the same. If it helps you out, I ended up buying the regular hooks with the loop in one end. Cut the loops off, beveled the back edge and welded them on. I would have liked to have had the weld-on ones but couldn't find any locally. Not sure if I checked Parts for trucks or not. I know Princess Auto didn't have them.

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Wow, I wished you lived closer to me :-). Your work never ceases to amaze me. You should market some of your add on items for both units as it could be a good source of $$.
    Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Paul.. before you stop buying tractors, you really need to get an 09 L3400 kubota. Wonderful tractor, but they could use a few mods. The fact that I happen to own one and would love to see what you'd build for yours has nothing to do with me suggesting you get one too. Really.
    If you were to get into light farming, as in a small horse operation, and some food gardening and a bit of logging that would be ideal. And by coincidence, our uses would be almost the same!

Nice looking work as always, Paul. Have you given any thought to a hoe mounted root shear? I guess the claw will do 99% of anything you're liable to run across, but the shear would have the advantage of being able to lop off tree branches overhead quite neatly. Just a thought on my part.

Still got any snow on the Rock? It snowed here this morning, gone again now that the sun is out, but I can't remember a spring like this one in a lot of years. Our last few piles around the driveway are pretty much gone, but still got some in the woods (shaded).

Sean

Gold Member
    Tractor
    L3800 HST & ZD323-60

Wow!!!! is all I can say. I love your creativity and execution. You really should market your stuff or at least sell your designs to other builders. Keep up the great work and pictures.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

Everyone has already said it, but I gotta add my appreciation, too- simply great work, from design thru execution. The kind of stuff you probably wouldn't feel comfortable about charging a client $1800 for, but for yourself, no problem! Love to see your photos and description. You have to keep some new projects in the pipeline, just for us fans.

Tractor
    Belarus 562 / Bobcat CT122 / Kubota BX1860 / Honda HT4213

As usual Paul, your tractor mod ideas are very illuminating.
    Plowing, it's snow much fun!

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by BelarusBulldog View Post
    Brilliantly so.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 455

Great job and ideas, as usual Paul, and light years ahead of everyone else.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Amazing work as usual.

Aaron Z
    Thank you Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    You're just not right, Paul. That looks freakin' fantastic!
    Oh man. I'll go along with you on that. I'm not right.

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    very nice ..... you always seem to think out of the box .. I can see myself making something like that or buy one lol. That is a nice mod to have more and better lighting.
    I actually did a video called thinking outside the box. Glad you liked it

Thinking Outside Of the Box (kubota) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    Need to get a larger drool bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I like the mods, I gotta get one of those square drill bits.

If you get one make sure you use it in a square room or the holes will be oblong

Quote Originally Posted by amigauser View Post
    Wow, I wished you lived closer to me :-). Your work never ceases to amaze me. You should market some of your add on items for both units as it could be a good source of $$.
    Thank you. I'm glad your finding it all interesting and I'm considering your advise

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly807 View Post
    Paul.. before you stop buying tractors, you really need to get an 09 L3400 Kubota. Wonderful tractor, but they could use a few mods. The fact that I happen to own one and would love to see what you'd build for yours has nothing to do with me suggesting you get one too. Really.
    If you were to get into light farming, as in a small horse operation, and some food gardening and a bit of logging that would be ideal. And by coincidence, our uses would be almost the same!

Nice looking work as always, Paul. Have you given any thought to a hoe mounted root shear? I guess the claw will do 99% of anything you're liable to run across, but the shear would have the advantage of being able to lop off tree branches overhead quite neatly. Just a thought on my part.

Still got any snow on the Rock? It snowed here this morning, gone again now that the sun is out, but I can't remember a spring like this one in a lot of years. Our last few piles around the driveway are pretty much gone, but still got some in the woods (shaded).

Sean
    Ah Sean. I got a good chuckle out of your post I've never seen a mounted root claw I got to go research that. No snow left. High winds today and rain like I haven't seen in awhile. Weird winter here as well my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 1savoy View Post
    Wow!!!! is all I can say. I love your creativity and execution. You really should market your stuff or at least sell your designs to other builders. Keep up the great work and pictures.
    Well thank you. At least I know your watching I appreciate your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by varmint View Post
    Everyone has already said it, but I gotta add my appreciation, too- simply great work, from design thru execution. The kind of stuff you probably wouldn't feel comfortable about charging a client $1800 for, but for yourself, no problem! Love to see your photos and description. You have to keep some new projects in the pipeline, just for us fans.
    Hey varmint I'm OK with the $1800 but it's the customer that's not comfortable paying it I remember some years ago my oldest brother was having cruise control issues with his VW. I asked him if he wanted me to look at it but he kept saying no.

Well after working on it for weeks and not finding the problem he gave in and asked me to see if I could fix it. As he was waiting and as luck would have it I found the problem in 10 minutes. Man he was so happy. I told him it was the easiest $500. I ever made. He replied "I don't disbelieve that, It's collecting it that's going to be the hard part"
    Thanks again my friend for your kind words on my work.

Quote Originally Posted by BelarusBulldog View Post
    And you thought I would catch on
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 13 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast