BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #122  
I suppose... I saw $18.xx shipping on a $6.xx hook and kinda blanked out. lol.

Yeah, I'd be the same. If it helps you out, I ended up buying the regular hooks with the loop in one end. Cut the loops off, beveled the back edge and welded them on. I would have liked to have had the weld-on ones but couldn't find any locally. Not sure if I checked Parts for Trucks or not. I know Princess Auto didn't have them.

Sean

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #123  
Wow, I wished you lived closer to me :). Your work never ceases to amaze me. You should market some of your add on items for both units as it could be a good source of $$.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #124  
Paul.. before you stop buying tractors, you really need to get an 09 L3400 Kubota. Wonderful tractor, but they could use a few mods. The fact that I happen to own one and would love to see what you'd build for yours has nothing to do with me suggesting you get one too. Really.
If you were to get into light farming, as in a small horse operation, and some food gardening and a bit of logging that would be ideal. And by coincidence, our uses would be almost the same!

Nice looking work as always, Paul. Have you given any thought to a hoe mounted root shear? I guess the claw will do 99% of anything you're liable to run across, but the shear would have the advantage of being able to lop off tree branches overhead quite neatly. Just a thought on my part.

Still got any snow on the Rock? It snowed here this morning, gone again now that the sun is out, but I can't remember a spring like this one in a lot of years. Our last few piles around the driveway are pretty much gone, but still got some in the woods (shaded).

Sean

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #125  
Wow!!!! is all I can say. I love your creativity and execution. You really should market your stuff or at least sell your designs to other builders. Keep up the great work and pictures.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #126  
Everyone has already said it, but I gotta add my appreciation, too- simply great work, from design thru execution. The kind of stuff you probably wouldn't feel comfortable about charging a client $1800 for, but for yourself, no problem! Love to see your photos and description. You have to keep some new projects in the pipeline, just for us fans.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #127  
As usual Paul, your tractor mod ideas are very illuminating.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #129  
Great job and ideas, as usual Paul, and light years ahead of everyone else.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Amazing work as usual.

Aaron Z

Thank you Aaron :)

You're just not right, Paul. :laughing: That looks freakin' fantastic! :thumbsup:

Oh man. I'll go along with you on that. I'm not right. :laughing:

very nice ..... you always seem to think out of the box .. I can see myself making something like that or buy one lol. That is a nice mod to have more and better lighting.

I actually did a video called thinking outside the box. Glad you liked it :)

Thinking Outside Of the Box (Kubota) - YouTube

Need to get a larger drool bucket!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like the mods, I gotta get one of those square drill bits.:laughing:

If you get one make sure you use it in a square room or the holes will be oblong :shocked:

Wow, I wished you lived closer to me :). Your work never ceases to amaze me. You should market some of your add on items for both units as it could be a good source of $$.

Thank you. I'm glad your finding it all interesting and I'm considering your advise :thumbsup:

Paul.. before you stop buying tractors, you really need to get an 09 L3400 Kubota. Wonderful tractor, but they could use a few mods. The fact that I happen to own one and would love to see what you'd build for yours has nothing to do with me suggesting you get one too. Really.
If you were to get into light farming, as in a small horse operation, and some food gardening and a bit of logging that would be ideal. And by coincidence, our uses would be almost the same!

Nice looking work as always, Paul. Have you given any thought to a hoe mounted root shear? I guess the claw will do 99% of anything you're liable to run across, but the shear would have the advantage of being able to lop off tree branches overhead quite neatly. Just a thought on my part.

Still got any snow on the Rock? It snowed here this morning, gone again now that the sun is out, but I can't remember a spring like this one in a lot of years. Our last few piles around the driveway are pretty much gone, but still got some in the woods (shaded).

Sean

Ah Sean. I got a good chuckle out of your post :laughing: I've never seen a mounted root claw :confused: I got to go research that. No snow left. High winds today and rain like I haven't seen in awhile. Weird winter here as well my friend.

Wow!!!! is all I can say. I love your creativity and execution. You really should market your stuff or at least sell your designs to other builders. Keep up the great work and pictures.

Well thank you. At least I know your watching :laughing: I appreciate your kind words. :thumbsup:

Everyone has already said it, but I gotta add my appreciation, too- simply great work, from design thru execution. The kind of stuff you probably wouldn't feel comfortable about charging a client $1800 for, but for yourself, no problem! Love to see your photos and description. You have to keep some new projects in the pipeline, just for us fans.

Hey varmint I'm OK with the $1800 but it's the customer that's not comfortable paying it :laughing: I remember some years ago my oldest brother was having cruise control issues with his VW. I asked him if he wanted me to look at it but he kept saying no.

Well after working on it for weeks and not finding the problem he gave in and asked me to see if I could fix it. As he was waiting and as luck would have it I found the problem in 10 minutes. Man he was so happy. I told him it was the easiest $500. I ever made. He replied "I don't disbelieve that, It's collecting it that's going to be the hard part" :laughing:
Thanks again my friend for your kind words on my work.

As usual Paul, your tractor mod ideas are very illuminating.

:laughing: And you thought I would catch on :laughing: