BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,461  
Paul, always great to see more projects flowing (I know, flow isn't exactly the right word...) out of your mind and shop. I am curious how you fabbed the toothed parts? Ironworker, and lots of repetitious nibbles?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
#1,462  
Paul, always great to see more projects flowing (I know, flow isn't exactly the right word...) out of your mind and shop. I am curious how you fabbed the toothed parts? Ironworker, and lots of repetitious nibbles?

Well my friend the first thing I did is build a template of the tine I wanted. It was my intention to use the plasma to cut them but I knew that I needed each one to be consistent with the other so while I was pondering that issue an engineer friend of mine dropped into the shop and had a little discussion about it. He's always trying to do something for me so he said "Let me take that template and get them cut on a water jet for you". Reluctantly I said OK because for me it felt like I was cheating. Although CNC work has it's place, for me I feel like it's actually cheating and it takes away from the hands on that I like to have part in. Anyone can do anything IF all the parts are cut for you. All that needs to be done then is stick them together. CNC is great for production work and should be used in that case but this wasn't production work. Well that's my :2cents:

Anyway a week later my buddy dropped them off and they were done to perfection. I'm happy to have them cut but kinda feel guilty about getting them done via CNC. Everything else I hand did.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,463  
Well I'll keep this short and post a video on it one of those days but here's how my latest grapple project turned out. I Didn't need a dedicated grapple so I designed this. The tines are 1/2 thick, the duel independent hydraulic cylinders are 3" with plenty of force. I wanted to keep the top spill guard in place so that meant the tines had to be a little longer than normal. I have it all set up that if the grapple gets in my way its a ten minute removal with the linch pins. I've got some rock I need to clean up next summer so this should make it easier. I also fabricated a tooth bar that should make digging easier.

Nice work 4Shorts!!! How does it work?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,464  
that grappler looks to heavy for that kabota. You need somehting like a mahindra that lifts more on the loader. The design of the thumbs does not look like it will work very good. Did you use the long grappler bucket as a template.WR Long Bucket Grapple

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,465  
that grappler looks to heavy for that kabota. You need somehting like a mahindra that lifts more on the loader. The design of the thumbs does not look like it will work very good. Did you use the long grappler bucket as a template.WR Long Bucket Grapple
So you are proposing the OP get a new tractor with grapple... You nuts??? Hope I am reading you wrong.

#1,466  
Nice work 4Shorts!!! How does it work?

Thanks Papa, before I painted it I filled the bucket with dirt no problem. I grabbed a pile of brush no problem so I think it's going to be very helpful next spring for what I need to do. It got a nice smooth movement on the hydraulics, not to fast. Not jumpy so I'm very happy with it. It's exceeded my expectations. Like I mentioned back always. 8 linch pins and its all off and other that the brackets it's back to my regular bucket. It was a fun project.

You can see the template I used if you look back at the photos. I made it out of 1/4 panel board. It wouldn't be possible to use anyone's template or design in this situation because of the spill guard on the bucket and the added height.

Na. I'm keeping the Kubota. With 146 hours on it I think it will do me for another little while ;) It will be perfect for what I want to do and I always have the option to build more other types of Implements if needed and that's the beauty of building things yourself. ;)

I think he got mad because nobody commented on the stickers his old lady made.

I am surprised this time that you didn't make some kind of comment on my wife's stickers. You must be mellowing out :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,467  

I am surprised this time that you didn't make some kind of comment on my wife's stickers. You must be mellowing out :laughing:

I figure the design and execution of the work is so stunning that people miss the "little things" like the decals that by themselves could be a whole thread on perfection. I have always looked --very closely--at the decals and every one I have seen in all his photos has been flawless and perfectly positioned. Just my two cents but it's things like this that make a good project like this truly timeless.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,468  
"I am surprised this time that you didn't make some kind of comment on my wife's stickers."

Well, to the first time viewer, who didn't know the Specialty Repairs story, they would just look like they came from the factory that way. Except Paul's work is often better than factory grade.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,469  
"I am surprised this time that you didn't make some kind of comment on my wife's stickers."

Well, to the first time viewer, who didn't know the Specialty Repairs story, they would just look like they came from the factory that way. Except Paul's work is often better than factory grade.

#1,470  
I figure the design and execution of the work is so stunning that people miss the "little things" like the decals that by themselves could be a whole thread on perfection. I have always looked --very closely--at the decals and every one I have seen in all his photos has been flawless and perfectly positioned. Just my two cents but it's things like this that make a good project like this truly timeless.

Thank you very much guys. Not only do I appreciate your kind words but my wife especially do. She's been going though a little rough time lately and you made the lady smile so thanks for that. You guys are a class act. :thumbsup:

To add a little humor to the thread. Today we had to repair a buffer/grinder for the local denturist. He's been bringing this kind of stuff here for years. I've always called him the "Tooth Fairy" so after I got the unit repaired I asked my wife to do another decal to place on the unit :laughing: