BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
I have seen both orange and silver ones sold by Kubota, not sure who makes what where though. Our BX has an orange one.

I suspect that we would be interested in a set of light guards if you started making them.

Aaron Z

:cool:

aczlan / 4shorts, I understand about the grille gaurd quality. Its just not up to par with the rest of the tractor. I really like the ditch lights and bumper ideas. And I know its personal pref. about color on the grille gaurd but mine started out as silver and grew into something more.
Paul, will you be needing tie downs for your tractor? Could they be incorporated to the bolt pattern of the ditch lights?

Chris

Very nice Chris. I kinda like the silver on mine but your right its personal choice and orange works way better on yours. Love the ghost flames and painted grill, nice touch. :thumbsup:
The grill guard quality is of a higher standard than on the rest of the tractor. The welds are much nicer on the grill guard. It's built very clean looking.

Believe it or not but I'm still in the "Roughing In" stage with the BX. I'm going to do all the big stuff first then do the "incidentals" there after such as hooks .......all the lighting will be LED and only one strobe. The duel stacks and turbo will be done later in in the fall ;)

:eek: With a propeller connected to a gearbox then rear PTO?! That I gotta see.:p I can see you using engine rpms to change speeds, rudder steering connected to front tires. drive on pontoon platform. Water lit up by all those lights you added to it. ;)

Oh man. This is great. You got the design done for me! The easy part is just to put it together :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #152  
Isn't it just worth the cost of shipping to have what your looking for? It was to me. I spent half a day running around the city asking everyone where I could get weld on hooks and to tell the truth, most didn't even know what a weld on hook was or even what it was used for! Like everyones, my time is valuable.
I placed the order for the hooks and the next thing the UPS truck driver was walking in the door with them and the convenience alone was worth it plus the UPS guys love to hang out in our shop looking around so it's a win win situation. :cool:

I agree that sometimes its actually more cost effective to just order it. And I probably spent more than $18 in fuel alone driving around looking for hooks, but sometimes I like to just get hands on before I buy, unless I have experience with that exact product. Plus, sometimes its just that much sweeter after a hunt:thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #153  
I agree that sometimes its actually more cost effective to just order it. And I probably spent more than $18 in fuel alone driving around looking for hooks, but sometimes I like to just get hands on before I buy, unless I have experience with that exact product. Plus, sometimes its just that much sweeter after a hunt:thumbsup:

I did a search for them and shipping to Canada is outrageous. Do you have an place like grainger or fastenal? I would not pay more than $4 for a weldable 5/16" grab hook.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #154  
I did a search for them and shipping to Canada is outrageous. Do you have an place like grainger or fastenal? I would not pay more than $4 for a weldable 5/16" grab hook.

I'm sure some company will be giving them away for free! Lol

Any luck installing your lights yet?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #156  
I'm sure some company will be giving them away for free! Lol

Any luck installing your lights yet?

They are on the tractor I just need to find a switch that matches the OEM switches and wire them up.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #158  

That's about all I'd pay too;) And it's about what I paid for the clevis ended ones I bought at PA, that I'll have to modify if I want to use them

Fastenall is outrageous in my experience unless you are a business.

We dont have Granger here, but we do have ACKLANDS Granger which is a subsidiary I think. Much like Fastenall, they rape you unless you have a National Account, we're talking full retail and then some. At one time I used to be able to use a previous employers account to get good pricing, but the staff has changed and they dont "remember" me.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #159  
That's about all I'd pay too;) And it's about what I paid for the clevis ended ones I bought at PA, that I'll have to modify if I want to use them

Fastenall is outrageous in my experience unless you are a business.

We dont have Granger here, but we do have ACKLANDS Granger which is a subsidiary I think. Much like Fastenall, they rape you unless you have a National Account, we're talking full retail and then some. At one time I used to be able to use a previous employers account to get good pricing, but the staff has changed and they dont "remember" me.

Yeah fastenal is outrageous. I have only dealt with them 2 times and I looked up the stuff online before I went to get it to be sure it was not 10x what it should be. I just thought it may save you $20 on shipping.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #160  
Yeah fastenal is outrageous. I have only dealt with them 2 times and I looked up the stuff online before I went to get it to be sure it was not 10x what it should be. I just thought it may save you $20 on shipping.

Thanks for the thought:thumbsup:

This is just par for the course up here. We regularly get the shaft. Not just on the initial cost, but shipping too!:mad: