BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
#1,593  
Your Kwik Con has many possibilities , When you build the hydraulic thumb you could make a wider, lightweight, interchange grapple bucket with the Kwik- Con mount.

I love using the thumb on my Bh92 The things I do with my hydraulic thumb are unbelievable, not to mention fun. You could even make a Kwik -Con "shear" for cutting branches with your thumb. Shear the branch while the backhoe holds it, then gently lower the small branch to the ground. Instead of what I do now just rip the branch from the tree with my thumb like some hungry prehistoric reptile. :D
You can also make an adaptor for picking up cut logs and splitting wood with the thumb. Pick up the 16 inch log lengthwise and use the thumb with your Kwik Con mall set up to split it? All items interchange in seconds as you have shown. Maybe the BX does not have the power or reach I don't know, but there could be lots of options now that you unveiled the....Kwik-Con :thumbsup: .

Thanks Waxman. That's a great video. That thing works great. For anyone handling a lot of wood it's a simple way to split. Not sure if the BX would be a candidate for something like that but it might be if the power is there. It's a surprising little thing so it just might work. I'd actually like to have a new full scale backhoe. When I'm done this summer with our property I'm might let the Bota's go and just have the full sized back hoe to putter around with. I think of it as "retooling" lol.
You got some good ideas. Keep that thinker of yours going ;)

Thanks for sharing the video of your son playing the guitar. One thing I enjoy seeing someone play any kind of music, and it sounds like an oxymoron, you can see the music. And yes, its a classic song I hadn't heard in years.

Your welcome. He's a great guy if I must say so myself. He plays in a few local bands in Ontario. His main band and then a few more bands that hire him to fill in for them so he needs to play all styles of music. He's kind of like a local celebrity at the clubs when he plays, he throws the pics out to the crowd and all lol. Glad you like it. Thanks.

Another nice job Paul... and a great little project that adds to the Kwik-con legend that is being born!

Thank you sir. Once that seed is planted you never know what can be born :laughing:

Great project and well designed and well executed.

One observation of my own behavior. It was an automatic instinct that when you were welding I automatically looked away. Even though my head was telling my I was only looking at a screen, I still couldn't bring myself to watch the welding. Weird.

Thanks Jim. Ha. I was the same way when I did the editing :laughing: I guess it's just a reflex.

Great video Paul. I always enjoy watching your creations.

Thank you very much.

Great job!

Waxman - that splitter would be a heck of a lot of fun!

Thanks.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,594  
Your Kwik Con has many possibilities , When you build the hydraulic thumb you could make a wider, lightweight, interchange grapple bucket with the Kwik- Con mount.

I love using the thumb on my Bh92 The things I do with my hydraulic thumb are unbelievable, not to mention fun. You could even make a Kwik -Con "shear" for cutting branches with your thumb. Shear the branch while the backhoe holds it, then gently lower the small branch to the ground. Instead of what I do now just rip the branch from the tree with my thumb like some hungry prehistoric reptile. :D
You can also make an adaptor for picking up cut logs and splitting wood with the thumb. Pick up the 16 inch log lengthwise and use the thumb with your Kwik Con mall set up to split it? All items interchange in seconds as you have shown. Maybe the BX does not have the power or reach I don't know, but there could be lots of options now that you unveiled the....Kwik-Con :thumbsup: .

Here is a video I found on Youtube of something similar of what I'm talking about.

No question the hydraulic thumb option is handy on the BH92. After seeing all the really cool options Paul is building for his BX25D, I'm now wishing I would have also got the quick connect for the bucket mount. This way I could install the "shear" option!

We'll have to think up something for this - I can definitely see this being a useful option! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the video.

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,595  
Paul,

It has been quite some time since I communicated with you. I have followed this thread religiously, and I do periodically check your website "Specialty Repairs". I saw the posting you placed recently that included your son playing "Baby Blue", and I just had to respond. He is an extremely talented guitarist. I wish I lived in your area so I could listen to him and his band perform. God, that was great. I can see by his playing and your other son's guitar creations that you and your wife have passed on your creativity and attention to perfection. I know how proud both of you are of your sons, and I'm sure they are equally proud of their parents. You are an extremely talented craftsman in your shop, and your creativity is remarkable. Every mod you have completed has been AWESOME! And the work your wife does with the decals compliments and completes your creations. Your Christmas decorations around the house were outstanding. Your combined talents are beyond description.

I think your decision regarding local snowplowing jobs was spot on. Your concern for liability was appropriate. And if it should snow or get icy over the weekend, you would have to beat up your equipment to clean it up. After the initial heavy snow you got, those people were probably wondering "What the h--- was I thinking when I lost Paul for snowplowing?". Even though most of it has melted, they may remember it next year and contact you again. As it turned out, you have been very busy in your shop and may have been too busy if you had the snowplowing contracts also.

Well, I'm getting pretty long winded here. Just thought I would reconnect. I'm always available to listen to another guitar rendition. Pass on my compliments to your family.

Just a thought. Could your son write and play a theme song for Specialty Repairs on a guitar created by your other son that incorporates machined parts by you and tastefully adorned with imaginative decals sculpted by your wife? A family masterpiece!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1,596  
Hey Paul... I really enjoyed your last video showing how you made the back hoe hitch. Really cool! Im thinking I need an iron worker! Lol

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
#1,597  
Paul,

It has been quite some time since I communicated with you. I have followed this thread religiously, and I do periodically check your website "Specialty Repairs". I saw the posting you placed recently that included your son playing "Baby Blue", and I just had to respond. He is an extremely talented guitarist. I wish I lived in your area so I could listen to him and his band perform. God, that was great. I can see by his playing and your other son's guitar creations that you and your wife have passed on your creativity and attention to perfection. I know how proud both of you are of your sons, and I'm sure they are equally proud of their parents. You are an extremely talented craftsman in your shop, and your creativity is remarkable. Every mod you have completed has been AWESOME! And the work your wife does with the decals compliments and completes your creations. Your Christmas decorations around the house were outstanding. Your combined talents are beyond description.

I think your decision regarding local snowplowing jobs was spot on. Your concern for liability was appropriate. And if it should snow or get icy over the weekend, you would have to beat up your equipment to clean it up. After the initial heavy snow you got, those people were probably wondering "What the h--- was I thinking when I lost Paul for snowplowing?". Even though most of it has melted, they may remember it next year and contact you again. As it turned out, you have been very busy in your shop and may have been too busy if you had the snowplowing contracts also.

Well, I'm getting pretty long winded here. Just thought I would reconnect. I'm always available to listen to another guitar rendition. Pass on my compliments to your family.

Just a thought. Could your son write and play a theme song for Specialty Repairs on a guitar created by your other son that incorporates machined parts by you and tastefully adorned with imaginative decals sculpted by your wife? A family masterpiece!!

Well sir we really appreciated your post. I emailed it to our sons. Both of them are living in another province working in the military. It wasn't long when they emailed me back and they were actually moved by your post and asked me to thank you for your long thoughtful message. As they both said " that man sure put a lot of thought and time into that post and it was sure nice of him to include us"

Yes we sure are proud of them. They've been great guys and never hurt anyone. Both have an abundance of talent and enjoy life. Our son playing Baby Blue was sure happy you enjoyed the video. We have always been a close family. As a matter of fact the two boys never ever had a babysitter. Where we went, they went and I always said that with children you get out what you put in and our sons are proof of that.

Every now and then a person has to take a stand on what he or she believes and that was the case with me and the snow clearing issue. Yes money is important but public safety is over and above that so I just said no and walked away. It's all a matter of principle. Not sure if I'm missed or not but I did get a birthday wish from the guy last week. Not sure if that means anything or not :confused3:

Good idea on getting the guys involved in a theme song. I might look into that.:thumbsup: I'm glad to hear you've been following this thread. I figured it would have long been dead at this point but someone seems to resurrect it so I come back and add to it. There's a big appetite here for BX related topics I guess.

Thanks again for taking the time to post. It put a smile on everyone's face in the family and we greatly appreciated it.

Hey Paul... I really enjoyed your last video showing how you made the back hoe hitch. Really cool! Im thinking I need an iron worker! Lol

Thanks Papa. Glad you enjoyed the video. You don't need an iron worker, you can use mine :thumbsup: