Page 18 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Either way, it's interesting to know what the artist uses, no?
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

The decals she as done for me up to this point aren't digital. They are layered vinyl. She uses a number of programs such as Adobe illustrator. She started out doing scrap booking and kind of slid into the graphics so she's got software related to the scrap booking as well that she works with.
    This is very far from my expertise. I just basically ask her to do a type of design and she spends hours tweaking it. I'm happy with the way it turns out.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Like spittin' nails, no? She does some work. (just like someone else we know...I almost hate you )
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

4shorts, I wish you weren't so far away. I would let you borrow my tractor when you run out of things to mod on yours!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Did she start with a cricut ?

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    Like spittin' nails, no? She does some work. (just like someone else we know...I almost hate you )
    Thanks. She's only been doing the decals since Later December. Great hobby that works for her and me
    Oh man I'm glad you said "almost"

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    4shorts, I wish you weren't so far away. I would let you borrow my tractor when you run out of things to mod on yours!
    Hey don't let distance get in the way. Just do up a list of things you'd like done then ship it up and as I do each mod I'll post it here and you'll see your tractor change before your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    Did she start with a cricut ?
    She sure did! She still uses that thing for her scrap booking along with the Gypsy. She's doing so well with the designing on the decals I'm going to get her some new commercial equipment to do the digital stuff.
    I believe If you see the interest and the talent you need to supply the tools to keep it all going. We have two grown sons. One loves playing guitar. Growing up I always told him that if he kept practicing and kept getting better I'd keep buying him better gear. He got so good at playing at the age of 15 we bought him a new custom Fender Strat. His a master at his instrument today with a collection of 17 guitars including that Strat and even to this day still loves to play and makes some good coin playing.

His younger brother also loves to play but also builds guitars on a commercial basis. Over the years we bought him the majority of tools to continue his craft and its payed off for him as well.
    Both sons are military men and now they both got something to fall back on when they retire from their jobs.

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Thanks. She's only been doing the decals since Later December. Great hobby that works for her and me
    Oh man I'm glad you said "almost"

Hey don't let distance get in the way. Just do up a list of things you'd like done then ship it up and as I do each mod I'll post it here and you'll see your tractor change before your eyes

She sure did! She still uses that thing for her scrap booking along with the Gypsy.
    Wait a minute, a cricut? I just bought one of those things for my wife for Christmas. Wait till she hear's that once again, her present was really for me

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

My first cricut was given to me by a friend of my wife's. She was having problems with her hands a gave up scrap booking. That was a 6 incher. I latter picked up an expression that does 12"x24". I did a few stencils but never got around to buying the vinyl.

I did use it for teaching. We started in sketchup to make 3D objects and exported to inkscape to get the 2d faces and add tabs. We then cut the objects and glued them into real 3d objects. Fun stuff.

I use a program called "make the cut" which lets you import the designs you make on the PC. But ProvoCraft sued the maker and he had to drop support for the PC so you can only use versions of MTC up to MTC 3.2.1. I can understand ProvoCraft, they make the cricut, wanting to sell cartridges but I did not buy the circut to do scrapbooking. I guess that is why the court brokered agreement lets us use the older version of MTC.

The first program I purchased to work the the cricut was "Sure cuts a lot" but they got sued too and no longer support ProvCraft curcuts.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Wait a minute, a cricut? I just bought one of those things for my wife for Christmas. Wait till she hear's that once again, her present was really for me
    These weren't done on a Cricut. With Cricut you can only use images on their cartridges and there's not much there is anything tractor related

Well here's my ROPS lighting. My goal was to keep it as close to the ROPS as possible. U bolted from the inside with no welding, no cutting and no modding of the ROPS. Except for the nuts, bolts,washers it's all aluminum. The front light is a 20" LED single light bar and the rear is a multi pattern Tactical LED strobe with have being amber and the other half is white. I was looking for the tidiest package I could come up with and this works for me

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Not good enough yet, Paul. Gotta see the night shots.

Page 18 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast