BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #171  
:laughing: Either way, it's interesting to know what the artist uses, no?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
The decals she as done for me up to this point aren't digital. They are layered vinyl. She uses a number of programs such as Adobe illustrator. She started out doing scrap booking and kind of slid into the graphics so she's got software related to the scrap booking as well that she works with.
This is very far from my expertise. I just basically ask her to do a type of design and she spends hours tweaking it. I'm happy with the way it turns out.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #173  
Like spittin' nails, no? :laughing: She does some :thumbsup: work. (just like someone else we know...I almost hate you :laughing:)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #174  
4shorts, I wish you weren't so far away. I would let you borrow my tractor when you run out of things to mod on yours! :)

Like spittin' nails, no? :laughing: She does some :thumbsup: work. (just like someone else we know...I almost hate you :laughing:)

:) Thanks. She's only been doing the decals since Later December. Great hobby that works for her and me :D
Oh man I'm glad you said "almost" :shocked:

4shorts, I wish you weren't so far away. I would let you borrow my tractor when you run out of things to mod on yours! :)

Hey don't let distance get in the way. Just do up a list of things you'd like done then ship it up and as I do each mod I'll post it here and you'll see your tractor change before your eyes :cool:

Did she start with a cricut ?

She sure did! She still uses that thing for her scrap booking along with the Gypsy. She's doing so well with the designing on the decals I'm going to get her some new commercial equipment to do the digital stuff.
I believe If you see the interest and the talent you need to supply the tools to keep it all going. We have two grown sons. One loves playing guitar. Growing up I always told him that if he kept practicing and kept getting better I'd keep buying him better gear. He got so good at playing at the age of 15 we bought him a new custom Fender Strat. His a master at his instrument today with a collection of 17 guitars including that Strat and even to this day still loves to play and makes some good coin playing.

His younger brother also loves to play but also builds guitars on a commercial basis. Over the years we bought him the majority of tools to continue his craft and its payed off for him as well.
Both sons are military men and now they both got something to fall back on when they retire from their jobs.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #177  
:) Thanks. She's only been doing the decals since Later December. Great hobby that works for her and me :D
Oh man I'm glad you said "almost" :shocked:

Hey don't let distance get in the way. Just do up a list of things you'd like done then ship it up and as I do each mod I'll post it here and you'll see your tractor change before your eyes :cool:

She sure did! She still uses that thing for her scrap booking along with the Gypsy.

Wait a minute, a cricut? I just bought one of those things for my wife for Christmas. Wait till she hear's that once again, her present was really for me :D

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #178  
My first cricut was given to me by a friend of my wife's. She was having problems with her hands a gave up scrap booking. That was a 6 incher. I latter picked up an expression that does 12"x24". I did a few stencils but never got around to buying the vinyl.

I did use it for teaching. We started in sketchup to make 3D objects and exported to inkscape to get the 2d faces and add tabs. We then cut the objects and glued them into real 3d objects. Fun stuff.

I use a program called "make the cut" which lets you import the designs you make on the PC. But ProvoCraft sued the maker and he had to drop support for the PC so you can only use versions of MTC up to MTC 3.2.1. I can understand ProvoCraft, they make the cricut, wanting to sell cartridges but I did not buy the circut to do scrapbooking. I guess that is why the court brokered agreement lets us use the older version of MTC.

The first program I purchased to work the the cricut was "Sure cuts a lot" but they got sued too and no longer support ProvCraft curcuts.

Wait a minute, a cricut? I just bought one of those things for my wife for Christmas. Wait till she hear's that once again, her present was really for me :D

These weren't done on a Cricut. With Cricut you can only use images on their cartridges and there's not much there is anything tractor related :mad:

Well here's my ROPS lighting. My goal was to keep it as close to the ROPS as possible. U bolted from the inside with no welding, no cutting and no modding of the ROPS. Except for the nuts, bolts,washers it's all aluminum. The front light is a 20" LED single light bar and the rear is a multi pattern Tactical LED strobe with have being amber and the other half is white. I was looking for the tidiest package I could come up with and this works for me :thumbsup:

rop1_zps345be90b.jpg

rop4_zpsc6a149ee.jpg

rop3_zpseb49ffb0.jpg

rop2_zpsaebf6b22.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #180  
Not good enough yet, Paul. Gotta see the night shots. :cool2: