BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #181  
These weren't done on a Cricut. With Cricut you can only use images on their cartridges and there's not much there is anything tractor related :mad:
Not strictly true. 3rd party people have written programs to allow you to use images from the PC. See post 178 this thread.

The other thing I have been thinking of is using the machine to cut replacement gaskets for old cars and tractors. One could take a picture of the flange, scale it and use MTC's tracing feature to cut it out.

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #182  
:) Hey don't let distance get in the way. Just do up a list of things you'd like done then ship it up and as I do each mod I'll post it here and you'll see your tractor change before your eyes :cool:

One thing's for sure, I wouldn't have to worry about you using it. When would you find the time?! :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Not good enough yet, Paul. Gotta see the night shots. :cool2:

I realize that ;) The wiring isn't done on anything I've added yet. I'll be doing a video when time allows of everything I've done with the BX. There's more minor mods to do but this will be my last mod that I'll be posting. The shops busy and it takes me so much time to document this stuff with shrinking of photo's, write ups. It takes a lot of time so lets say that from this point on I won't be posting my work but I do appreciate all your views,opinions and suggestions.

Hey. Now you guys get a break :laughing:

Not strictly true. 3rd party people have written programs to allow you to use images from the PC. See post 178 this thread.

Hi. I'm Mrs,4shorts,
You are correct in the fact that 3rd party people did make software that would allow you to cut from your Cricut, but as 3V0 stated in post 178 because of the lawsuit this is no longer possible but that being said anyone who still owns an older version of the software and still has the drivers can continue to use the Cricut. My husband mentioned it wasn't possible now with the Cricut because the companies cannot sell the software due to the lawsuit. Anyone who buys a Cricut now and wants to use these two software programs has to have an older version with the drivers to do so because the newer versions no longer work with Cricut.
I never understood ProvoCrafts reasoning for doing this because why not allow the best of both worlds for their buyers, too be able to use the cartridges & design from other software programs as well. This move by PC has killed sales and people have left PC behind and moved on to other company's. There are other cutters out there that you can use with these software programs so if you are starting out now I would suggest you forget the Cricut and look at other cutters on the market.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #185  
It takes a lot of time so lets say that from this point on I won't be posting my work but I do appreciate all your views,opinions and suggestions.

Hey. Now you guys get a break :laughing:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #186  
Thanks Mrs. 4S

I was all set to order one and would have been very disappointed...

Nothing like a custom decal for the finishing touch!!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #187  
Hi. I'm Mrs,4shorts,There are other cutters out there that you can use with these software programs so if you are starting out now I would suggest you forget the Cricut and look at other cutters on the market.

[/COLOR]

Nice work Mrs4s, your artwork adds such a nice professional finishing touch to your legendary husbands incredible work. As the husband of a serious scrapbooker, I'm interested in what are the other cutters out there that you speak of and what kind price are we talking about? My wife used the word "cricut" in a sentence with a serious smile on her face once while talking about scrapbooking, and that was pretty much the extent of my knowledge going in to buy one, I didn't even know what it did until after I bought it.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #188  
Thanks Mrs. 4S

I was all set to order one and would have been very disappointed...

Nothing like a custom decal for the finishing touch!!!

Opps. Sorry about that. I just happen to have gotten 2 of the cricuts prior to the lawsuite thing. Maybe I should have bolded that part.

I would look at MTC's web page and even their forum to see what cutters people like even if you choose not to use the MTC program.

I need to order vinyl.

Thanks Mrs. 4S. PulsarProFx has a technology using a color laser printer to make dry transfer backerless decals. It is more of a complement to rather then a substitute for vinyl cutting as it works better for smaller graphics. For example you could use it to create decals for switch labeling etc. You can even create convincing looking product labels and graphics.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #190  
These weren't done on a Cricut. With Cricut you can only use images on their cartridges and there's not much there is anything tractor related :mad:

Well here's my ROPS lighting. My goal was to keep it as close to the ROPS as possible. U bolted from the inside with no welding, no cutting and no modding of the ROPS. Except for the nuts, bolts,washers it's all aluminum. The front light is a 20" LED single light bar and the rear is a multi pattern Tactical LED strobe with have being amber and the other half is white. I was looking for the tidiest package I could come up with and this works for me :thumbsup:

rop1_zps345be90b.jpg

rop4_zpsc6a149ee.jpg

rop3_zpseb49ffb0.jpg

rop2_zpsaebf6b22.jpg

Awesome job on the light mount, I love it!