Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4760

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Excellent job with the ripper tooth! I really like the design and wish I had one for my backhoe.

While I don't own a BX, it makes me want to buy one knowing all the really cool mods you have in store for it! Again, nice job and keep up the great job of posting all your work!
    Last edited by ericdube; 03-30-2013 at 12:13 AM.

I can't wait until you put some video of that puppy in action on YouBoob.
    I might expect Sigourney Weaver to come out of the corner, battling that thing.
    Nice job.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by ericdube View Post
    Excellent job with the ripper tooth! I really like the design and wish I had one for my backhoe.

While I don't own a BX, it makes me want to buy one knowing all the really cool mods you have in store for it! Again, nice job and keep up the great job of posting all your work!
    Thank you very much. I'm happy to know your enjoying it. I'm like all you guys in the way that I enjoy seeing photo's so it's nice to know at least a few of you are enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by AStanton View Post
    Nice job.
    Good one. When I get all the mods done the vids will start pouring in. Promise.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

I'll call these lot of photo's a mini mod.

Don't worry. It will start to get more interesting in the next few pictures I post.

The one thing I see a lot of in the shop are guys wearing out the lip of there bucket due to the lack of a cutting edge. It's much cheaper to install a cutting edge than it is to repair a bucket and if installed properly you can reverse the cutting edge when the outer edge wears to the point of uselessness.

I couldn't get the right length of cutting edge so I went with this one and cut it to fit. As you can see I used a horizontal and saw and kept the cutting fluid on while it was doing the cutting. it was the only way to save the blade. I could have used a cut off saw but I don't find them to be very actuate and the band saw is dead on and clean as you can also see in the photo's. You'll notice I put a rubber gasket on the bottom of the bucket before I installed the cutting edge. It really wasn't necessary to do that but I had the rubber in the shop plus It will keep any debris from getting between the edge and the bottom of the bucket. I also didn't show drilling the holes in the bucket. I figure you've all done similar things to that before plus drilling is really "boring" lol.

This is just the start to the bucket mods and I'll be posting more in the coming week. At least now I won't be wearing out my bucket.
    Hope you enjoy the photo's.

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    BX 25

It's beautiful work but I would be concerned about all those bolts sticking up. I use my bucket to haul around stuff like air conditioners etc. and this would be pretty hard with those bolts. Plus, if you're moving around big rocks or other such stuff I could foresee damage to the bolts. Well, just my opinion anyway!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Bob B.

Kubota BX25, FEL, 60" MMM, Curtis cab with heat
    Kubota BX2750D snow blower, 5' Estate rake, 5' rear blade

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by rbarker View Post
    It's beautiful work but I would be concerned about all those bolts sticking up. I use my bucket to haul around stuff like air conditioners etc. and this would be pretty hard with those bolts. Plus, if you're moving around big rocks or other such stuff I could foresee damage to the bolts. Well, just my opinion anyway!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    For me its not an issue because I use a fork lift or the QC forks on the tractor. It's hard to avoid bolts on a bolt on cutting edge and when the time comes to turn over the cutting edge I usually just cut the bolts off and replace them so daae to the bolts are a given and is expected. It takes about 20 minutes to remove the bolts, turn the cutting edge around and install new bolts. I still think its much better than wearing out the lip of the bucket which will take a day to repair and repaint. Even our 5740 has a bolt on cutting edge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.-image-jpg  

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by AStanton View Post
    Nice job.
    YouBoob...I like it.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST

Wow- I was going to post some photos of my new Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer assembly and the little additions I made, but Paul's work is so fine, I am embarrassed to waste people's time with my junk. Not only are the welds perfect, but the photos are really good, too, which makes the posts even better. Keep up the sweet work! I have bolts/nuts in my bucket from attaching the tooth bar, and I think I would have used flat head allen bolts, threaded into the bucket's thick lip, if I had to do it again. I think that would work?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Ford 641, Kubota L3200 HST

4shorts-
    All of the mods you have made on your tractors are extremely creative, innovative, etc. They are well thought out and not just "bling" that serves no purposeful function. Your creativity and ingenuity are enviable. Your fabrication skills are outstanding also. From the materials you use to the impeccable craftsmanship your mods are amazing. I wish I lived close enough to you to see if I could get you to do some mods on my L3200 HST. I would like to have my tractor "tricked-out" with some of your mods (tool box, lighting, cutting edge, etc.). I could follow your lead, but I don't have the craftsmanship or tools to complete them as accurately and neatly as you do. Your improvements are professional and factory quality.

Keep up the good work and keep the photos and videos coming.

Tractor
    Kubota L4760

What bucket size and model tractor was the cutting edge from? Also what were the original dimensions of it? If i had to guess I'd say it started off as 54" x 6" x 1/2" but not positive.

Great job once again!

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast