BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #241  
Hey Paul, Ive seen that you mentioned using Machinery Enamel in another posting for paint. Do you purchase from a automotive paint supplier? And do you use reducer or hardeners? Is the color off the shelf or custom tint? Thanks I really needed to find a better way to add tough paint to my tractor parts.

Chris

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #242  
If you have access to the Canadian market, Home Hardware sells a shade of their house brand rust paint called "Kubota Orange". I bought some a while ago, but haven't used it yet so I have no idea how close it really is. I'm not so concerned about a perfect match as I am about durability.

Sean

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #243  
Hey Paul, Ive seen that you mentioned using Machinery Enamel in another posting for paint. Do you purchase from a automotive paint supplier? And do you use reducer or hardeners? Is the color off the shelf or custom tint? Thanks I really needed to find a better way to add tough paint to my tractor parts.

Chris

Dupont Nason is a good paint. Reasonably priced and tough. I use a fair bit of it.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #244  
Now I'm getting inspired to do a photo review of the modifications I've made to the L3400 I have. Nothing quite so polished as Paul's tractor mods, but still functional. A lot of the ideas came from people here on TBN, but some were originals.

Sean

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #245  
Just a simple modification that I am sure you Paul(4shorts) could improve on:
I found here in Ontario like I imagine on Atlantic coast, I found myself slipping on tractor floor board when getting up into tractor, with muddy or snow covered boots.
I had a piece on 1 inch square tubing, that I welded a handful of nuts to upper face and then bolted the piece to outer edge of left side floor board. Just a safety modification that has saved me landing on my butt and elbows this winter...see pic attached, maybe 4shorts or others can improve for your machine.

I think what you did is pretty good, looks like a step, it will never come off or wear out. Looks like you already improved it.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
looks good ! however about the statement to get your tractor dirty like mine is not kidding....:p;) I like the quick disconnects you used though at BH part. I might as well add that to the bullet connectors that is already in back of BH so its easier to use on different power needs. Question - did you check to see if your wiring harness has enough slack to fold the rops down without binding up?

I don't worry to much about dirt. I hae never seen anything that couldn't be cleaned up again. We got pressure washers here to take care of the dirt :dance1:
Yup. There's plenty of slack there for the ROPS pivot :thumbsup:

I used similar little plastic self-adhesive wire tie pads thingys on my ROPS when I put a light up high, and darned if about half of them just won't stay glued. I guess I will have to clean them and use some instant adhesive or something. Can hardly wait to see the chain saw scabbard project!

Ya I had the same issues as well but now that I'm using ones with 3-M stickies on them I haven't had an issue. I found another type of wiring retainers this past week. They are aluminum and bendable and have 3-M stickey stuff on them. I'll do the chain saw holder this coming week :cool:

Hey Paul,

I love all the incredible ideas and work. Keep it coming. I see you also use split loom wire covering as I do for many projects. I have seen this Painless Performance PowerBraid Split Sleeving for a while and have been meaning to buy some. I wondered if you have seen it and tried it? If you have, do you like it? Any pros and cons? Like it holds dirt and does not clean up well, or doesn't look as nice as the pictures? I know, I just need to buy some and try it :)

Painless Performance: - Dressup Accessories For Customs

Thanks,
Russ

Thank you Russ. Glad your enjoying this stuff. I've never seen that casing before. Now you have me curious. I'll have to look into that. In the meantime when I'm doing my restorations I use the stuff I have pictured. It sure cleans up wiring giving it a clean custom look. Thanks for commenting.

It looking good! I noticed your out riggers don't have pavement pads. Is that a future mod?

One thing I noticed, when you put the pad on the underside of the light, you cut holes for all the bolts and nuts. I probably would have just glued it on as is, and of course it would have looked lumpy and not near as nice. Good job.

Thanks my friend. I have the pavement shoes. I bought them from my dealer. They had them in stock and they were sitting around so I bought them but I'll be modding them as well.

As for the rubber padding. I punched the holes in the first layer to get it to fit flush with the light base. The second piece of foam only had two holes in it so I could get access to the two bolts that's required to remove the top for servicing if needed. As you mentioned. If I didn't punch the holes the fit and finish would have been less than desirable.

Paul, what is the PN for that Doorman weatherpack set? Where did you get it? Cost? Ive been searching for one. Checked the Doorman catalog, but I cant find the set to get the PN (can find the individual pieces though). Thanks

Now that's a good question. That kit and other parts of it is supplied to our shop by NAPA and they replenish it as it goes down. Check with your local NAPA store. They will have a catalog with all the PN's in it.

Wonder if one could have cut blind holes for the nuts and bolts leaving the outer skin intact.

:confused: not sure what you mean but if its the foam your referring to I couldn't get the right thickness so I glued two pieces together and as explained above I punched the first layer to get it tight to the modules bottom and making a tight fit in the process. The bottom piece was to give it the cleaner look and more head protection.

Chris

Chris that paint was purchased from an automotive paint supplier in the city. They mixed it and it was a perfect match. It has to be thinned but I've never added any hardener. It's fast dry and very durable.

If you have access to the Canadian market, Home Hardware sells a shade of their house brand rust paint called "Kubota Orange". I bought some a while ago, but haven't used it yet so I have no idea how close it really is. I'm not so concerned about a perfect match as I am about durability.

Sean

Hum. I didn't know that. I'll be checking that out.

Now I'm getting inspired to do a photo review of the modifications I've made to the L3400 I have. Nothing quite so polished as Paul's tractor mods, but still functional. A lot of the ideas came from people here on TBN, but some were originals.

Sean

Well you should be posting your work. As you can tell, we all like looking at other people's work and getting ideas in the process. Go for it :thumbsup:

On another note. Wifey and I were in the city today and dropped over to the home show in a place called Mt.Pearl. While we were there I snapped a few photos of the Newfoundland Kubota booth which in my opinion was the best booth there :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #247  

Chris

I sure miss the days when I could pick up a can of automotive paint from the paint store...

The old school stuff doesn't exist anymore... Dupont Centari with Hardener sure made me look good!!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #248  

Chris

I sure miss the days when I could pick up a can of automotive paint from the paint store...

The old school stuff doesn't exist anymore... Dupont Centari with Hardener sure made me look good!!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Had a few guys in the shop today looking at the BX. They've been watching the progress here on TBN which is cool. They really liked seeing it in person but one of them asked me my personal favorite add on and after thinking for a moment I started to chuckle and said that my favorite add on isn't one that I did but one that another company built so when I told them which one it was I figured I'd show you. I picked this one because of the safety factor, quality construction and the way this company treats their customers and it was 100% on all accounts.

Bro-Tek: Tractor Add Ons

I added a few photos to show you just how much extra stance and stability these wheel spacers will give your BX. I'm in no way affiliated with this company. I'm just a happy customer :D

Before

After

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #250  
Went to the Bro Tek site, just out of curiousity, but no wheel spacers listed.