BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
I wish more equipment came with small tool boxes to hold the pins, clips and other odd bits that one needs to operate it. A lot of times it is nice to keep a wrench or two. Easier to buy and keep them with the machine when common adjustments need to be made. That sort of thing.

As always nice work 4shorts. I hope repeating that does not make it sound any less genuine.

I totally agree with you on the tool box. They sure are handy to have. just hard finding a place to put one. Ill post photo's of it when I get it on. Glad you like the work :thumbsup:

How much did you extend the base? Mine doesn't level properly on my bx23. I love the casters but my barn has a gravel floor so that won't work for me. I have been lucky, had mine for 3 years and the paint is fine. It is very heavy, be careful in the bush!

I went with 4.25 from the bottom of the chipper to the ground. I didn't like the angle of the PTO shaft when the chipper was in the full down position. By adding to the bottom the PTO shaft is straighter while working which I like. Ya it's a heavy unit but the little tractor handles it well. I only put about a 1/2 hour test on it so far and it just eats wood.

Geez. :licking:

I can only come up with wise cracks about the video. And I'm not even sure they are worth posting. I can't believe you'd dare scratch the paint on it now. Awesome job, Paul.

I don't mind wise cracks. I started at 4 am this morning so I'm more cracked at this point than wise :p

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #334  
You all know about the little fake bullet hole decals? Well, Paul's wife made up some decals that look like peeling paint, just to drive home his hatered of powder coat! Seriously, wonder how the dealer will make good the lousy paint job?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #335  
You all know about the little fake bullet hole decals? Well, Paul's wife made up some decals that look like peeling paint, just to drive home his hatered of powder coat! Seriously, wonder how the dealer will make good the lousy paint job?

They would give you thimble of touch-up paint and wish you well...

The only difference is this occured on day one... looks like poor prep?

:laughing:

Not to worry. It WILL work out ;)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #338  
Thanks Matt. Glad you enjoyed it. I really didn't think you'd look at it. No ladder my friend. I'm designing a telescoping bucket to attach to the FEL. Ladders are so old school :laughing:

On a sour note. My hatred for powder coating continues. The paint is falling off the unit so today the dealer is going to have to do something about it. I only took it off the pallet yesterday. The unit is working great but no prep work was done before it was powder coated :mad:

Now that would be cool, a FEL mounted cherry picker with LED lights of course.

I've had good luck with powder coating and Paul hasn't; but the bottom line regardless of finish type (e.g. paint, powder, plating, anodizing) is proper prep is required for a durable finish. Even with The Rock's high humidity and salt air, the finish on that chipper shouldn't be failing before it's even off the shipping pallet.

I've had good luck with powder coating and Paul hasn't; but the bottom line regardless of finish type (e.g. paint, powder, plating, anodizing) is proper prep is required for a durable finish. Even with The Rock's high humidity and salt air, the finish on that chipper shouldn't be failing before it's even off the shipping pallet.

Matt I'm still not convinced about powder coating. I've purchased MANY items that had it from snow blades, implements,snow blowers, tools of all kinds including vehicle hoists and out of all of it I (me personally) have NEVER seen it last any amount of time and I mean NEVER.

Until I get to see for myself that powder coating can last any longer than I've seen it I'm going to continue to say its just a cheap inexpensive way for manufactures to get their product to market fast and cheap and the **** with the customer. :mad: you know my views on the subject. Over the years I've given you many examples of poor quality powder coating. Out of all the powder coated items I have in my business not one that's been powder coated has had the powder coat last longer than 6 months before it started to peal. When it starts to peal it can come off in sheets. I'm not convinced it was all done wrong.

That being said here's a response from another site on the photos I supplied.

Quote:

Seeing stuff like this makes me want to scream. It really gives the powder coating industry a bad rap.

I work at a small to mid-size powder coating outfit in southern BC and not a week goes by that a customer comes in and doesn't want to pay our prices to do proper prep work.
Luckily our outfit does most of our coating for other departments within our company so if we can't convince them we send them on down the road.

Steel for any outdoor application should always be sandblasted, zinc epoxy primed and then colour coated.

Last edited: