Page 35 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Hey Paul

My BX23 handles the chipper very well. It does make te tractor feel unstable on rough ground. Do the wheel spacers make a big difference?

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

A little off topic but you have to wonder why more guys aren't killed on these machines

kubota Tractor Handstand - YouTube
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    2011 Kubota B3300SU

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    A little off topic but you have to wonder why more guys aren't killed on these machines

Yup - can't fix stupid! There's a Darwin Award waiting to be presented to his future widow for sure!!
    Kubota BH77 Backhoe with Bro-Tek mechanical thumb & Bro-Tek Ripper Tooth; Loflin 48 inch forks; Bro-Tek 2" rear wheel spacers; StabilWorks custom stabilizers; EA 66" Box Blade

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    Hey Paul

My BX23 handles the chipper very well. It does make te tractor feel unstable on rough ground. Do the wheel spacers make a big difference?
    Glenn with the Chipper on mine I can hardly tell it's back there but I haven't used it on rough ground yet either so It might be very different when that happens and I'll be sure to let you know. If everything lines up right for me personally I should be giving it a good run tomorrow evening. As for the wheel spacers. They were one of the first items I purchased for the tractor. I think of it like this. Stand up straight with your legs close together and allow yourself to sway to the side left and right. It's easy to fall over isn't it? Now do the same but put your legs apart and sway side to side again. It feels much firmer doesn't it? Well that's the way the BX feels and for me being in the seat I like having all the stability I can get

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Cuz most people have more common sense than that idiot. Obviously no rear ballast. Front axle took a heck of a beating in those few seconds. And maybe the landing shook some sense into his brain, but I doubt it.

Tractor

Well these two mods will be the last I'll be posting on the BX25D. In the last two weeks I've come up with a lot of different mods that I think are unique to this type of tractor and practical. If your not tired of seeing this stuff then you should be because I am at this point lol.

Anyway we all know how important it is to have a tool box on a tractor. Well it's the same for a chipper I guess so ours now has it's own tool box. The brackets are all aluminum and I used the existing holes that I had for the chipper extension. I also lined the box with some foam to help save the bottom of the box when throwing items in it and yes. I did drill a few small holes in the box to let any water out that may find it's way in.

I also had a pair of branch cutters that I wanted to have on hand so I made a holder for them out of some scrap aluminum I had then tig welded everything together. I put the tool box and cutter holder on the feeder side of the machine becuase I didn't want to have to walk over to the other side each time I needed them. Yes, I'm getting lazy lol.

To keep the boredom going I attached a few extra photo's for you viewing pleasure.
    Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement. I hope you walked away with a few ideas and even a hint of how to do them. Happy tractoring

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

Box pics.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Nice stuff again, Paul. I don't think many of us are getting tired of your mods, I know I'm not. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I loved your latest vid, good/informative stuff (& brave Milo, too ).
    ____
    Jay

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    Nice stuff again, Paul. I don't think many of us are getting tired of your mods, I know I'm not. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I loved your latest vid, good/informative stuff (& brave Milo, too ).
    Thanks Jay. I appreciated all your comments. Ya Brave Milo. He's our grand dog. Our boy got married last summer and we had to doggy sit for two weeks. Man that little dog was some fun to have around. Glad you enjoyed the video. The next few will be with the machine working

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Schweet.
    ____
    Jay

Page 35 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast