BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #411  
here you are 4shorts. IMG_0366.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #412  
Here is how I made them. Popped a lense off and traced it, and then oversized it approx. 1/4 inch overall. Transfered that to a piece of 2x6 lumber. Cut it out on the bandsaw. I clamped the flat stock to the plug and heated with torch. bent it around and blew out a few fires from the plug. welded together with my Hobart 187 mig. I have yet to paint them, need sand blasting. Pic in last post was just a test fit. Next is some skid plates made out of 1/8" diamond plate. Thanks for the ideas 4shorts. IMG_0372.jpgIMG_0381.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #413  
Hey what can I say. Some guys like drink. Some like women and fast cars but for me I like LED's. Its the least expensive of the lot :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed the video :thumbsup:

Does that stand for "Ladies Eating Donuts"?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #414  
Newfoundland is a very different place to fly small aircraft as well. My brother in law just retired from Air Canada and piloted Boing's for years and told my wife he wouldn't even fly small aircraft here so that kind of put the brakes on my plans BUT I'm not giving up. I ALWAYS have a plan "B" :D

So many small aircraft pilots splatter themselves into Colorado's mountains because they underestimate the height of the mountains, the winds, and overestimate the performance of their planes. What works good at sea level doesn't always work so well here, especially on a hot day. The private pilots who have the most problems flying in Colorado are the ones from the flatlands.

Oh geez...if I posted what I would say LED's (Ladies Eating D....) meant, Muhammad would ban me. :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Here is how I made them. Popped a lense off and traced it, and then oversized it approx. 1/4 inch overall. Transfered that to a piece of 2x6 lumber. Cut it out on the bandsaw. I clamped the flat stock to the plug and heated with torch. bent it around and blew out a few fires from the plug. welded together with my Hobart 187 mig. I have yet to paint them, need sand blasting. Pic in last post was just a test fit. Next is some skid plates made out of 1/8" diamond plate. Thanks for the ideas 4shorts.

Great job! Looks great. Nice way of of doing it as well. There's no end to modding a tractor. I'm doing two more that got stuck in my head so I may as well get them done. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed seeing them :thumbsup:

Nope :laughing: More like "Long Evening Drives" and "Living Every Dream" ;) Well almost :confused3:

So many small aircraft pilots splatter themselves into Colorado's mountains because they underestimate the height of the mountains, the winds, and overestimate the performance of their planes. What works good at sea level doesn't always work so well here, especially on a hot day. The private pilots who have the most problems flying in Colorado are the ones from the flatlands.

Much the same way up here flying Matt. Had a BIL killed in the mid 70's in a float plane. I was just a small boy then and he was like a best friend. The wind got him on take off and flipped the plane over. He and his passenger drowned in 3 feet of water when they couldn't get their seat belts off.

Had another friend who owned and piloted his own charter float plane die when he flue right into the side of a mountain. Usually I accomplish everything I put my mind to but this is the only time I had to sit back and access the situation and say " maybe wifey is right not wanting me to fly" :confused3:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #416  
Impressive job,nice welding,excellent engineering.

Impressive job,nice welding,excellent engineering.

Not sure who you meant so on behalf of BXbuggy and myself we thank you. He did a nice job on his guards :thumbsup:

Oh. Welcome to the site :cool2:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #418  
You guys impress the bleep out of me, rather inspiring actually. Nice job on the light guards BXbuggy !

You guys impress the bleep out of me, rather inspiring actually. Nice job on the light guards BXbuggy !

Ah Nutten to it :laughing: hey BXbuggy. Did you weld those guards with the light in them? It don't look like the light can be removed due to the length of the threaded stem on the light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 162
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #420  
The lights were not in when welding. I considered trimming some threads off the length, but if I turned the light 180 degrees,you know small end of teardrop of light to large end of guard, it slips right in, well not quite 180, but goes in guard easily,with the lenses removed.

Last edited: