BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #441  
Nice looking modifications.

Did I miss the chipper video? :p
I'm really looking at a BXM32 or BX42 myself.

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
I think it sounds great, when can you start? :laughing:
How about this comming Monday Ken. Have it in front of the shop door for 8:30 and I'll start. Don't be late :mad: :laughing:

Nice looking modifications.

Did I miss the chipper video? :p
I'm really looking at a BXM32 or BX42 myself.

Thanks. Nope you didn't miss it because its not made yet BUT maybe this weekend. ;)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #443  
Have you considered modifying your steps, I find those on the M Series much less slippery and easier on the feet than those on the GL.

Have you considered modifying your steps, I find those on the M Series much less slippery and easier on the feet than those on the GL.

I personally haven't had an issue with the step other than missing it in the dark so I added a led light to it. I only have one step because you loose a step with the 3rd function system.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #445  

I am going to put truck bed coating on mine.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #446  
The tractor turned out really awesome.. Although, I still think you're missing a few options! :)

Here's a couple more really cool BX modifications that I'm sure you could definitely perfect with your skills:

* Front Fenders

* Hydraulic Backhoe Thumb

* Bucket Grapple

(Just mentioning it in case you're bored! :) )

The tractor turned out really awesome.. Although, I still think you're missing a few options! :)

Here's a couple more really cool BX modifications that I'm sure you could definitely perfect with your skills:

* Front Fenders

* Hydraulic Backhoe Thumb

* Bucket Grapple

(Just mentioning it in case you're bored! :) )

I thought about fenders but decided against it because in a wooded envoirment they woud be easily damaged especially with such small wheels as on the BX. If I get really bored later on I may design a set of flexible front fenders anyway plus a set of rear fender extensions.

The Bucket grapple is out for me due to the extra weight it adds to the FEL and the effect it has on the lifting capacity. I have pondered building one out of aluminum though and that would possibly work.

The hydraulic thumb is a definite possibility. I haven't used the mechanical thumb yet so I'll decide after I put some time on the machine.

I have a few more mods to do with the machine but the shop is gone crazy busy and I just don't have the time to dedicate to them at the moment but I'll eventually get back at it. Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #448  
Man me too. I'd love to get my paws on a Kioti. They are a nice machine to put a few additions to. I guess the first for you would be a stack conversion? I'd like to do a double acting stack conversion. install the stack with an exhaust valve on the lower end so when you didn't want the stack in place it could be easily removed if you wanted to go into a wooded area then flip the valve to direct the exhaust to the lower exhaust pipe. Wadda dink Ken :D

For those who haven't followed any on my Kubota 5740 mods here's a break down of what was done.

Custom additions to GL5740 HSTC3 :

- Modified the FEL tubes for storage area's by machining custom caps for the tubes.

- Modified the truck plow to adapt to the tractors FEL.

- Modified the bucket by adding a top guard and hooks.

- Added custom built emergency light bar and LED emergency light to the top of the cab.

- Added L.E.D. strobe lighting to the rear of the snow blower and built custom boxes to house them in.

- Added custom build boxes to the plow so Super Nova L.E.D. strobe lights could be installed adding extra lighting to the FEL side on when plowing.

- Added a reverse beeper. (not a small task on these tractors)

- Added a reverse camera with a color 7" LCD monitor that is also inferred and has a built in microphone in the camera it's self. The camera was adapted to the top rear light making it appear that it was always there.

- Gauge pods were added to each side of the LCD monitor and an ambient air temperature and digital volt gauge was added to each pod.

- Two RAM mounts were added in the cab for mounting various items like my phone and MP3 recorder. Also a new mount was just installed for the new IPhone 4

- A moisture sensing system was adapted to the wiper system so when I'm using the tractor the wipers will work automatically when snow or water is present on the windshields. That way I don't need to be switching the wipers on and off myself. The system takes care of that for me.

- Mud flaps were added to the front fenders to help keep the water off the front glass when traveling the machine.

- All powder coated upper mud flap hardware was removed and replaced with stainless hardware.

- All common steel hardware that was present on the snow blower was replaced with stainless steel to prevent corrosion.

- Some custom badging and company lettering was added to the tractor.

- Custom trim was added to the rear fenders to give it a more refined look.

- Added a parking brake warning light. Well a better one that came with the tractor

- The rear factory lollipop top lights that came with the tractor were replaced with L.E.D. lollipop lights.

- Added a few cool rubber holders on the snow blower to hold a shovel and bar.

- A LED light was added to the cab step so it's easy to see where to place your feet in the dark.

- Fabricated a custom coffee mug holder.

- Designed and fabricated a front bumper with quad flashing LED lights and shackle Center.

- Fabricated an aluminum forward light bar and installed a LED light on it including two side mounted LED alley lights

- Designed and built an LED 4X4 display indicator for the cab.

- Designed a custom LED mount for the snowblower chute. Installed two LED lights on the chute so I could early see where the snow is going.

- Designed and fabricated an exhaust stack conversation kit to for the Kubota Grand L 5740 HST-C3.

- Replaced the stereo system with a Sony X-Plod and Infinity speakers.

- Installed an air horn.

- Added a power plug for charging cell phone at the dash.

- Added rear wheel weights and fabricated custom Center caps for them.

- Custom fitted the floor to accept a new Grammer Air Ride seat.

- Added a rear view mirror

- Added a shock to the front snow blade to eliminate blade recoil after hitting obstacle.

- Fabricated covers to cover up the spring adjusters on the front blade

Have you had any thought about heated mirrors on the outside? I have a L3540HSDC and blowing snow they are often getting coated with blowing snow. I have been thinking about trying to find something to solve this problem.

Have you had any thought about heated mirrors on the outside? I have a L3540HSDC and blowing snow they are often getting coated with blowing snow. I have been thinking about trying to find something to solve this problem.

Yes I have and its a "must have mod" in my honest opinion. I've given it some thought on how I might attempt it so I have a direction to go in. I might have already had it done but the BX came along and took up all my time. It will be the next mod on the Grand L for sure and will be done in the fall :thumbsup:

That wet/blowing snow on the mirrors is a real pain in the

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #450  
Yes I have and its a "must have mod" in my honest opinion. I've given it some thought on how I might attempt it so I have a direction to go in. I might have already had it done but the BX came along and took up all my time. It will be the next mod on the Grand L for sure and will be done in the fall :thumbsup:

That wet/blowing snow on the mirrors is a real pain in the

Yes, it bothers my "donkey" too!!!! You will have to make a post of that mod and make parts for two. I will let you know where to send the parts and bill when they are ready!!!