Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Just saw this thread ... awesome work as usual 4shorts. I love the ripper tooth, and beautiful welds on that! If you compared mine to yours - mine looks like chicken scratch! I like the doubled up plate at the tip end.

As for the armor plate - I realize you have no plans for MMM- now dont get me wrong , the plate looks great and it appears to be substantial. But I cant help but wonder about the last plate covering the MMM shaft. It only held by two bolts in front? In T slots? I don't doubt your reasoning for doing it - but whats the purpose of t slots since from pics it doesnt look big enough to slip in on the bolt while still in? whats to stop the brush from wiggling its way in the back and bend it out? The front and middle plate looks good though. If you had to do it over again, would you be able to punch in a curve for the MMM
    shaft so it can be used at the same time?

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Just saw this thread ... awesome work as usual 4shorts. I love the ripper tooth, and beautiful welds on that! If you compared mine to yours - mine looks like chicken scratch! I like the doubled up plate at the tip end.

As for the armor plate - I realize you have no plans for MMM- now dont get me wrong , the plate looks great and it appears to be substantial. But I cant help but wonder about the last plate covering the MMM shaft. It only held by two bolts in front? In T slots? I don't doubt your reasoning for doing it - but whats the purpose of t slots since from pics it doesnt look big enough to slip in on the bolt while still in? whats to stop the brush from wiggling its way in the back and bend it out? The front and middle plate looks good though. If you had to do it over again, would you be able to punch in a curve for the MMM
    shaft so it can be used at the same time?
    Thanks. When I was designing this the main goal I had was to protect the HST fan but ended up with the forward and rearward plates. These plates are 1/8th thick and it will take something very substantial to bend them. That being said there's nothing that's completely perfect. I can remember operating a Cat D-9 one time and tore the undercarriage out of it.
    I didn't think the vendors out there selling plates for the BX's were substantial enough or my needs so that's why I went this route. The T slots were punched to make alignment easier during installation and I doubt very much a branch will move any of these plates. If they do I'll redesign
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

Wonder why no shackle hook on a back hoe bucket? Used to operate excavators with them. They were handy to have. Well I got one now

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Silver Member
    Approved Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Thanks. When I was designing this the main goal I had was to protect the HST fan but ended up with the forward and rearward plates. These plates are 1/8th thick and it will take something very substantial to bend them. That being said there's nothing that's completely perfect. I can remember operating a Cat D-9 one time and tore the undercarriage out of it.
    I didn't think the vendors out there selling plates for the BX's were substantial enough or my needs so that's why I went this route. The T slots were punched to make alignment easier during installation and I doubt very much a branch will move any of these plates. If they do I'll redesign
    Paul, very nice job as always. I am curious about the comment on the available units. The BXpanded Under Armor is made of the same 1/8 thick steel.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by BXpanded View Post
    Paul, very nice job as always. I am curious about the comment on the available units. The BXpanded Under Armor is made of the same 1/8 thick steel.
    No offense to you but I didn't say all of them. I was just generalizing and didn't mention any names. Just the ones I looked at. I didn't consider yours.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

Great work as usual Paul. I often wonder if the reason they don't offer options like this is so they can sell more parts. I will be waching for the rest of your mods. As clean as you keep you equiptment, I keep wondering if after the first job you will let it sit in the shop with the bucket all scratched up or if it will eat at you untill you put a coat of paint on it.
    Bill

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked_on_HP View Post
    Great work as usual Paul. I often wonder if the reason they don't offer options like this is so they can sell more parts. I will be waching for the rest of your mods. As clean as you keep you equiptment, I keep wondering if after the first job you will let it sit in the shop with the bucket all scratched up or if it will eat at you untill you put a coat of paint on it.
    Bill
    Thanks Bill. You might be right on the selling of parts but I think they're missing a great opportunity by not selling more accessories as well. That would be my dream job. Finding accessories for each model
    This will be my summer tractor so it will get used but when it goes to sleep for the winter and the 5740 comes out to play I MIGHT paint the scratches in the bucket before I park it

Great hearing from you buddy

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

Well I got a spill guard on the bucket tonight. Spill guards have saved my butt in the past and i put one on the 5740 so I figured why not Hooks next.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

I like the spill guard Paul.

One thing though.. Personally, ive never spilled much if anything off the back of my BX bucket. I know the spill guard and cutting edge didnt add much weight, but IMHO the BX needs all the lifting capacity it has, I notice a difference between my tooth bar is on or off. You might want to look at beefing up the lift capacity to go along with the mods, Im interested in seeing what you come up with if you go that route.

Im a little under the hyd pressure spec right now and Im going to add a few shims once I get them ordered from kubota (they're super cheap, well under a dollar each). Should give me about 100psi more which I imagine will make a noticeable difference. Then the question becomes, if 100psi is good, why not add 200psi? Did you check your hyd press yet?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    I like the spill guard Paul.

One thing though.. Personally, ive never spilled much if anything off the back of my BX bucket. I know the spill guard and cutting edge didnt add much weight, but IMHO the BX needs all the lifting capacity it has, I notice a difference between my tooth bar is on or off. You might want to look at beefing up the lift capacity to go along with the mods, Im interested in seeing what you come up with if you go that route.

Im a little under the hyd pressure spec right now and Im going to add a few shims once I get them ordered from kubota (they're super cheap, well under a dollar each). Should give me about 100psi more which I imagine will make a noticeable difference. Then the question becomes, if 100psi is good, why not add 200psi? Did you check your hyd press yet?
    I actuallly have the kit here to test the hyd system and I'll do it this weekend. It's most likely needing an extra shim. If its like the other machines I've owned it's set up undered powered. I'll report on what my findings are once I do the test. I have a 3540 out by the shop now with the hood beat up on it due to debris falling off the bucket. I guess I'll be putting one on that machine as well

Thanks.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast