Page 59 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109159 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Funny, I had a dream last night that I was in 4shorts neighborhood my wife and I were driving around and I saw his shop I said oooh thats Paul Shorts shop we have to stop. We stopped he didn't want anything to do with me then I told him I was WaxMan from TBN and he personally showed me his whole operation he had hundreds of employees,
    the shop when on and on he made everything from toasters to tv's . This morning I woke and thought something is wrong if I dream about 4shorts.
    I really have to stop reading his posts.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack Inclinometer.FEL Indicator ICC Lights..Tilt Wheel ..
    Fel Knob Bucket Cam Double Step.Auto Level ... Snow Video

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor
    A couple

Now that's a hoot Waxman.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    Nice job check 6, I like your mirrors, simple but effective, the switch looks factory. When it comes to lights 4shorts is the king, his rops light is the way to go on a bx
    Thank you my friend. As I said from the get go when putting the lights on that they'll never be used because I'll never be out in the dark. Well its the complete opposite, I find that because of the lights I'm working a few hours every evening after dark so I'm pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    Funny, I had a dream last night that I was in 4shorts neighborhood my wife and I were driving around and I saw his shop I said oooh thats Paul Shorts shop we have to stop. We stopped he didn't want anything to do with me then I told him I was WaxMan from TBN and he personally showed me his whole operation he had hundreds of employees,
    the shop when on and on he made everything from toasters to tv's . This morning I woke and thought something is wrong if I dream about 4shorts.
    I really have to stop reading his posts.
    But but but... It did happen. It wasn't a dream you looked at the BX and said " I'm ashamed of you! That tractor is filthy, get me cloths and lots of wax". The next thing I know is my BX is as clean as check 6's

Here's a little tub bit about me. I LOVE cheezies BUT I can not eat any of them two hours before bed time because if I do I WILL certainly have dreams and as we say here in Newfoundland " be in the rats all night ". Its nasty stuff on me. Their like a bad drug. Well now you all know where all these mod ideas come from

To my friend Waxman. Thanks for the chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Now that's a hoot Waxman.
    Oh man. What a laugh

...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Check 6--great photos and I love the wheel. On the request for lights with the switch built in, I did that and regret it. My desire was to avoid the extra wiring and keep it as simple as possible but the switches on the units I bought (from an ag dealer) are too light duty and are wired with wire not thick enough). They don't work right half the time and I'm never sure if the switch is in the "on" or "off" position. The switch could come on at 2AM and drain the battery to zero.
    Maybe I'll just try to find better quality switches because the ones that are in it are pure light-duty junk. I don't recall the brand name but they are USA made and I think the name is on the back if anyone wants it.

If you must have a light with a swich, buy the kubota accessory one. It's expensive but is first class.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor

Good point on the switch. When I did my lighting I installed an auxiliary fuse panel and a 40 amp relay with all waterproof switches with led lights in them to show they are on. None of my lights will work unless the ign switch is on. As for check 6's switch he could still use a protective boot that might help keep any water out.

Boot, Protective Switch - LittleMachineShop.com

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

The lights I bought with the switch built it came with a nice protective rubber cover on them. The switch appears to low quality and the wire too thin so after a few weeks they don't work right. Solution is to replace the switch or buy different lights and wire direct. Other than the kubota factory lights I could only find this one light with the switch built in.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Good point on the switch. When I did my lighting I installed an auxiliary fuse panel and a 40 amp relay with all waterproof switches with led lights in them to show they are on. None of my lights will work unless the ign switch is on. As for check 6's switch he could still use a protective boot that might help keep any water out.

Boot, Protective Switch - LittleMachineShop.com

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor

Well its a long weekend for us Canadians so that gives me some extra time to get some more of my outdoor project done. Got the road down, all the class "A" is spread and I got all the trees removed to widen the road. The pad is laid for the we storage shed as well.
    Next week I'll be getting the 5740 involved in the project as well.
    Its foggy here today with drizzle and at only 4 Celsius and a lot of wind its cold out BUT I'm not quitting. Giving up is not in the equation. Some of these trees were really tall and in a tight area so I went up half way first and cut the first half to make it more manageable.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Looks like you're really working' the little BX. Now that you have used it... What do you think of it? Plenty of machine or wish you had gone up one size to a B?

Great pics btw!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Looks like you're really working' the little BX. Now that you have used it... What do you think of it? Plenty of machine or wish you had gone up one size to a B?

Great pics btw!
    Thank you sir. Well let me put it to you this way.

In order to get this BX from me you'll have to pry it from my dead fingers. I have NEVER had a tool as useful as this little machine. Its got 32 hours on it and I can assure you its worked like a dog for 30 of them.

I love the fact it can get where its needed. It sips fuel and its not powerful enough to tear itself up yet powerful enough to get the job done. Even my wife loves the little tractor and commented on how much easier it is to do things around the property.

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

The BX TLB are often referred to as the Swiss Army Knife of tractors...

Just so darn useful/versatile in a small package!

My neighbor keeps reminding me if I ever sell to think of him first!

Page 59 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109159 ... LastLast