BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #51  
best thread i've read in a while. man i'm jealous!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #52  
Nice job. I like the Ripper and the under side protection. I am going to build some additional protection for mine. I think it would be tough to get something up into the fan but extra protection never hurts.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #53  
When I grow up, I aspire to do nice work like that. I would like to see the YouTube video of the ripper in action. I can imagine the little BX doing a lot of the moving instead of the root. I have thought of similar ideas and may sharpen my backhoe bucket edges to help cut the roots. Any thought of putting an edge on that ripper or is it more for loosening up the ground for FEL work?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
best thread i've read in a while. man i'm jealous!

Hey I'm happy to hear your enjoying it :thumbsup:

Nice job. I like the Ripper and the under side protection. I am going to build some additional protection for mine. I think it would be tough to get something up into the fan but extra protection never hurts.

Thanks Roger. Ya why take chances. Just well to put the protection in place and not have it on your mind every tie you get in a bad area. Even tall grass can take out those fans.

When I grow up, I aspire to do nice work like that. I would like to see the YouTube video of the ripper in action. I can imagine the little BX doing a lot of the moving instead of the root. I have thought of similar ideas and may sharpen my backhoe bucket edges to help cut the roots. Any thought of putting an edge on that ripper or is it more for loosening up the ground for FEL work?

Ha. Thanks David. There will be videos on my YouTube channel for sure of the ripper tooth in action. When I was building the tooth I thought about adding cutting teeth to the front portion of the tooth but decided not to because this tooth will be used not just for roots but to dig in stubborn ground and I felt that would dull the effectiveness of the teeth. I may just design a special tooth just for roots. I have a few ideas I'm toying with. :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #55  
This is great, I go to bed and the next day you have something else for me to see. ( and do ) Awesome work as usual.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #56  
Paul- as always, I am enjoying your projects. Can't wait to see what else gets improved on the little guy! As for my own puny trailer project, I posted it in the trailer forum under Cheap, Serviceable Trailer. Getting ready to build some treated wood sidewalls, when my eBay hot-dipped galvanized carriage bolts show up.

This is great, I go to bed and the next day you have something else for me to see. ( and do ) Awesome work as usual.

Thanks buddy. Here's another one for ya :D

Paul- as always, I am enjoying your projects. Can't wait to see what else gets improved on the little guy! As for my own puny trailer project, I posted it in the trailer forum under Cheap, Serviceable Trailer. Getting ready to build some treated wood sidewalls, when my eBay hot-dipped galvanized carriage bolts show up.

Thanks Varmint. I'm heading over to have a look. :thumbsup:

I'm going to title this mod "Thinking Inside The Bucket"
Installed the bucket hooks. I went with two 5/16th weld on hooks for each side of the bucket and they are attached in line with each FEL loader arm. In the center I went with a 11.000 lbs swivel ring. I placed it in that area because that's where the thickest part of the bucket happens to be. All the holes were punched on the Edwards iron worker and the weld on hooks were pulse welded on a Millermatic 350P. Galvanized carriage bolts were used for the installation.

Placement of hooks on any bucket is based on personal preference in my opinion and the placement of my hooks are right where I wanted them and yes, inside the bucket and out of the way

Here's a few more photo's.

r1_zps6c8bae3b.jpg

r2_zpsa5f83949.jpg

h1_zps2f995b10.jpg

h2_zps6c929ec4.jpg

h3_zps30f974f5.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #60  
Where did you find the weld on hooks? I looked all over for them locally. Expensive?