Page 65 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]
    Your kindly welcome my friend. They do work good together but I do find operating the BX to be loud so I wear hearing protection. I guess I'm not used to operating an open station tractor.
    I heard that if you put expanding foam in the BX rops - it will quiet down the ring noise that gets amplified from HST thru the BX rops.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post

Thank God we didn't get any of that snow. If we had I would have put it all up for sale
    You can sell your snow up there??? Maybe Farmgirl would like some!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post

She is too late. By the looks of his pictures he has it already sold and delivered.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    Paul I'm seriously thinking of trading in my B3030 cab and woods backhoe for a new Grand L 3240 and b77 backhoe, would be an even trade money wise if I got a BX25d like yours.
    If you had to choose only one tractor which would it be? I know you use the other one for snow but lets put that aside right now. How much extra time would it have taken you to move that dirt with the BX. And could all of it be done with just the L ? or was that too big? The BX It's very tempting but I had the B3030 for five years I think I would feel the difference if I was only left with a BX25. What do you think? I also use the B3030 with cab to plow in the winter. (my driveway only) I'm not happy with the new cab replacement tractor for the B3030. So the only thing thats left cab wise is an L , I don't have the option like you to have both. This picture was taken today
    Thanks
    Curious why your are selling it if only used for winter snow removal? I moved from a B3030 Cab to a L3240 open station (due to my garage height) back in 2008 for the stronger loader and HST+. The L3240 is much more tractor. I personally could not go to a BX sized machine as a replacement if it were going to be my only tractor, I would be looking at the B26XX series if down sizing.
    Kubota L3240HST, LA724 FEL w/QA, 72" bucket with Piranha tooth bar, snow plow, Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, EA Grapple, Kubota L ballast box, Harley Power Rake
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Wow, with all the work you just put into your cab, why the change of heart?

I started with an aftermarket cab on my JD 955 then bought an open station Kioti CK30. I liked having open station, until it rained, or snowed or the bugs were out... I paid big bucks and put a Kioti cab on it and was happy again. I then traded for the DK45 with factory cab and man, I could never look back. You may be different, but after having a cabbed tractor, there was no turning back especially after getting a taste of the factory version. I think you'd be happy going into the summer with an open station BX, but you'd have regrets in the fall thinking about the months to come.

I agree with Paul that the L4240 is the smallest Grand L I'd look at based on the FEL. If you're buying a bigger tractor, buy a bigger tractor with bigger capabilities.

I don't think anybody can really help you decide what to do until you decide what you need to do. The grand canyon stands between a BX25 and L3540/3940/4240. It's confusing that you're looking to replace your current tractor with a larger one or a smaller one.

If you need bigger and stronger and you're making a move, I would hope you'd look at all your options. I respectfully (you know I love y'a Paul) disagree with Paul. I'd say nobody makes a cab like JD, but apart from them ($$$$), I'd say my Kioti cab is on par with the Grand L for fit and finish, noise, features etc. There are also new, smaller cabbed LS models hitting the market right now and I'm sure the list goes on. Nothing wrong with shopping all of them and buying a Grand L, but I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't at least take a look first. IMHO, HST+ is the bomb and I'd love to have it or something similar.

Well because you guys asked why!!
    I don't want to highjack 4shorts but this could be considered a Mod I think.
    I was always waiting for a new kubota cab model to come out. I always thought my cab looked like the Pope-mobile and was not in the same league as the Grand L.

When I first found out about the new cabs I was disappointed in the 2650 engine and the 3350 I don't want to get into the T4. So I figured I would just keep mine. So I bought a new set of front tires, rims and new bucket, and I went ahead with the sound proofing and making the tractor more dust free. The sound proofing did work well I haven't used it yet to see if it still gets dusty.
    But I do know after the sound proofing it seems as quiet as the new B2650 I tried . To me the B2650 would be a down grade - maybe the 3350 is better?

As you can see, mine still looks new. Runs like new, never a problem with it. 770 hrs on it. I also bought a Kubota QA and was going to switch between old and new buckets depending what I was doing, also going to put a tooth bar on the old bucket. But for some reason the Kubota QA fits my old bucket but not the new one.
    So in the process of figuring why the quick attach won't fit both buckets at the dealer, I saw the L3240 with the cab. I always wanted this ever since 4shorts started on this site with his L and Mods cab. His cab seemed so much better than mine, but because of my door it was not possible.
    So while at the dealer, I got to thinking I like this Grand L tractor. I figured it would be gone soon and if I don't make a move now I will never have a new tractor with the cab I wanted. The new Grand 60 L's would be too much money. I like the look of the 40 series cab that tapers at the top. The new Kubota L cabs look just like the new b2650 and 3350 flat roof.
    My door is 7ft but my ceilings are 9+ ft so I decided I will add a panel to the door.
    I have decided on the L3240 because the dealer didn't have a 3540.Right now these are hard to get only remaining inventory. I only need a little bit better tractor then my B3030 but there is nothing in-between.
    Get it to fit in my garage and I'll buy it. So the dealer put on all four of the L3800 tires on the Grand L to see what it looks like. And make sure it would not put a strain on the 4 wheel drive. Now I'm less then 3/4 inch away from getting into the garage. I still have time to decide which tires.

But if I have to raise the door anyway I'm up in the air about the tires. I don't need this super large tractor with the super size tires around the yard but I want the nice cab and the HST-Plus transmission that this tractor has and only this tractor has. So the smaller tires make the whole tractor look smaller as shown in the photos. Best of both worlds or just plain stupid to go with the smaller tires? I like the look of the smaller tires.
    To sum it up
    Basically I want a Grand L but closer to the size of my B3030. I think these tires get me close. The pictures show the difference the tires make. The new 2650 is the size I have now in the B3030. Is this set up my dream tractor? I will loose some ground clearance. But what else will I lose with the smaller tires? These smaller tires are a matched set of four from a L 3800.
    I would truly appreciate opinions on the tires.
    Last edited by WaxMan; 05-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack.......... Inclinometer.........FEL Indicator........... ICC Lights............Tilt Wheel ...............
    Fel Knob....... Bucket Cam........ Double Step..........Auto Level .........Snow Video..........

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A

Thanks Kubotafan, I read that about the L3540 and maybe I should. Is yours a Cab, how do you like it? any dust or noise? How is the fuel use, how many hrs on a tank?
    I have the cab and do like it. I also have a B3030 cab. The L3540 is quieter than the B3030, and it also has more power and weight. I like the B3030 as it is a little more nimble and easier getting in and out of it. I bought the L3540 as it is a little heavier and has a little more traction on wet snow. It is also a little faster getting from point A to point B. I haven't kept real accurate record of fuel usage but it isn't hard on fuel. I am not sure about how many hours to a tank. It is mainly used blowing snow.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800

Well because you guys asked why!!
    I always wanted this ever since 4shorts started on this site with his...Mods...
    Needn't say more, thats 90% of why I'm driving a 25d now instead of my 1860...hope he's getting a kickback from kubota.

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post

I respectfully (you know I love y'a Paul) disagree with Paul. I'd say nobody makes a cab like JD, but apart from them ($$$$), I'd say my Kioti cab is on par with the Grand L for fit and finish, noise, features etc.
    Ken. I'm not feeling the love! The politics in Ottawa got you confused my friend. I've spent many hours looking at the Kioti cabs and they look dated compared to the Grand L. I've had other Kioti owners even tell me the Kioti cabs aren't that cool with the AC in the summer and not terribly hot in the winter. Maybe yours is different. Can't speak about JD. Never sat in one of their cabs.

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    I heard that if you put expanding foam in the BX rops - it will quiet down the ring noise that gets amplified from HST thru the BX rops.
    I've also heard that but the noise I'm referring to is just the engine noise.

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post

If I sent her my snow she's sic those beagles on me

Quote Originally Posted by sea2summit View Post
    Needn't say more, thats 90% of why I'm driving a 25d now instead of my 1860...hope he's getting a kickback from kubota.
    See. I get blamed for everything I do

Anyway today was a strange day in the shop. I had everything from a Jag to a horse buggy. Waxman. I like the smaller tires. Looks custom yet make the tractor look lifted
    Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by 4shorts; 05-24-2013 at 03:51 AM.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

4shorts: I want the horse buggy, but yes, keep the snow and cold up there, or I will sic dogs on you! I don't like wearing clothes enough to want to wear sleeves past April. It is shorts and tank top weather around here!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

If you're going to climb in the saddle, better be ready for the ride!

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" - Dolly Parton

Tractor
    Kubota 5740,BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    4shorts: I want the horse buggy, but yes, keep the snow and cold up there, or I will sic dogs on you! I don't like wearing clothes enough to want to wear sleeves past April. It is shorts and tank top weather around here!
    Well this isn't the place for you then. Last Sunday we had sun starting out then it started to rain then turned to wet snow. 2.5 hours from us they had 66 cm's of snow
    The next thing we'll get are icebergs but they only add beauty to the ruggedness of our landscape
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 65 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115 ... LastLast