BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #651  
Well this isn't the place for you then. Last Sunday we had sun starting out then it started to rain then turned to wet snow. 2.5 hours from us they had 66 cm's of snow :shocked:
The next thing we'll get are icebergs but they only add beauty to the ruggedness of our landscape :thumbsup:

Yes, beautiful country to look at, I agree 100%! But I am just a wuss when it comes to cold! I'd be admiring the view from a heated cab, and wouldn't leave it until the equipment ran out of gas and quit hearing! :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #652  
Well because you guys asked why!!
I don't want to highjack 4shorts but this could be considered a Mod I think.
I was always waiting for a new Kubota cab model to come out. I always thought my cab looked like the Pope-mobile and was not in the same league as the Grand L.

When I first found out about the new cabs I was disappointed in the 2650 engine and the 3350 I don't want to get into the T4. So I figured I would just keep mine. So I bought a new set of front tires, rims and new bucket, and I went ahead with the sound proofing and making the tractor more dust free. The sound proofing did work well I haven't used it yet to see if it still gets dusty.
But I do know after the sound proofing it seems as quiet as the new B2650 I tried . To me the B2650 would be a down grade - maybe the 3350 is better?

As you can see, mine still looks new. Runs like new, never a problem with it. 770 hrs on it. I also bought a Kubota QA and was going to switch between old and new buckets depending what I was doing, also going to put a tooth bar on the old bucket. But for some reason the Kubota QA fits my old bucket but not the new one.
So in the process of figuring why the quick attach won't fit both buckets at the dealer, I saw the L3240 with the cab. I always wanted this ever since 4shorts started on this site with his L and Mods cab. His cab seemed so much better than mine, but because of my door it was not possible.
So while at the dealer, I got to thinking I like this Grand L tractor. I figured it would be gone soon and if I don't make a move now I will never have a new tractor with the cab I wanted. The new Grand 60 L's would be too much money. I like the look of the 40 series cab that tapers at the top. The new Kubota L cabs look just like the new b2650 and 3350 flat roof.
My door is 7ft but my ceilings are 9+ ft so I decided I will add a panel to the door.
I have decided on the L3240 because the dealer didn't have a 3540.Right now these are hard to get only remaining inventory. I only need a little bit better tractor then my B3030 but there is nothing in-between.
Get it to fit in my garage and I'll buy it. So the dealer put on all four of the L3800 tires on the Grand L to see what it looks like. And make sure it would not put a strain on the 4 wheel drive. Now I'm less then 3/4 inch away from getting into the garage. I still have time to decide which tires.

But if I have to raise the door anyway I'm up in the air about the tires. I don't need this super large tractor with the super size tires around the yard but I want the nice cab and the HST-Plus transmission that this tractor has and only this tractor has. So the smaller tires make the whole tractor look smaller as shown in the photos. Best of both worlds or just plain stupid to go with the smaller tires? I like the look of the smaller tires.
To sum it up
Basically I want a Grand L but closer to the size of my B3030. I think these tires get me close. The pictures show the difference the tires make. The new 2650 is the size I have now in the B3030. Is this set up my dream tractor? I will loose some ground clearance. But what else will I lose with the smaller tires? These smaller tires are a matched set of four from a L 3800.
I would truly appreciate opinions on the tires.

Tell me more about the tires, I have been looking at a B2650 as it has more three point lifting capability than my BX 25 and I don't use the back hoe that much. I really like the look of the Grand L with the smaller tires. Please tell me more. fortunately my wife does not read this thread

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #653  
Ken. I'm not feeling the love! :laughing: The politics in Ottawa got you confused my friend. I've spent many hours looking at the Kioti cabs and they look dated compared to the Grand L. I've had other Kioti owners even tell me the Kioti cabs aren't that cool with the AC in the summer and not terribly hot in the winter. Maybe yours is different. Can't speak about JD. Never sat in one of their cabs. :confused3:

Well, sitting in the shadow of the parliament buildings as we speak, I could be considered an expert in tractor A/C performance since 90% of hot air in Canada is produced in those buildings:D I only have experience with one summer, but it was a very hot and dry summer, and I can say the A/C in my cab is extremely good. It cools the cab very quickly and I then need to turn it way down so I don't need a coat. You've mentioned this in other threads but my experience is VERY different and I've never seen a single post on TBN from a Kioti owner about the A/C performance. They have redesigned the roof from previous cabs, it's now a double walled design in addition to the ceiling and draws the air from between the two layers, maybe that has made a difference.

I really have to give it to JD, their cabs are the nicest I've ever seen. As for the Kioti looking dated over the Kubota, I guess that's a matter of opinion, but mine would actually be the opposite. There are things I would change (mainly the seat), just as there are things you did change on yours, but it's hard to imagine you're looking at a current model.

Kubota Cab.jpgKioti cab.JPG

Kubota cab2.jpgkioti cab2.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #654  
Tell me more about the tires, I have been looking at a B2650 as it has more three point lifting capability than my BX 25 and I don't use the back hoe that much. I really like the look of the Grand L with the smaller tires. Please tell me more. fortunately my wife does not read this thread

Yeah I really don't use the backhoe that much either, BUT I know after having one for 5 years I would be kicking my *** every time I need one. 0% time to pay why not. I'm not about to start digging holes with a shovel.

I really don't have anything more to add about the tires. I was hoping someone else would know more about the tires.
I know it's a couple hundred less for the smaller tires.
But if you wanted to go back to the larger tires there about 2k.
One concern I had was being smaller with a heavy tractor would they make more of a mark on the grass. But if you look at the tires the larger one is only going to have 2 large lugs touching sinking into the ground at once. The smaller tire looks like three lugs would be touching more of an area across the width of the tire. But you loose about 2 inches plus of ground clearance.

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trashing the B3030. I love my B3030 as some of you could tell with all the things I have done to it. I wanted it for life. I did so many things with it around the house. My wife and kids can't believe I'm trading it in.
But I always wanted a Grand cab but the size always had me look away. So if I'm keeping one for life why not start over with the one I really want. I can redo my mods on this one.
So no one thinks it looks stupid with the small tires on it? Guess it would be easier to Wax the inner fender wells.:thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #656  
So no one thinks it looks stupid with the small tires on it? Guess it would be easier to Wax the inner fender wells.:thumbsup:

WaxMan, Would turf tires be an option that would work? Stanley

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #657  

WaxMan, Would turf tires be an option that would work? Stanley

Sorry about the double posting!

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #659  
But if I have to raise the door anyway I'm up in the air about the tires. I don't need this super large tractor with the super size tires around the yard but I want the nice cab and the HST-Plus transmission that this tractor has and only this tractor has. So the smaller tires make the whole tractor look smaller as shown in the photos. Best of both worlds or just plain stupid to go with the smaller tires? I like the look of the smaller tires.
To sum it up
Basically I want a Grand L but closer to the size of my B3030. I think these tires get me close. The pictures show the difference the tires make. The new 2650 is the size I have now in the B3030. Is this set up my dream tractor? I will loose some ground clearance. But what else will I lose with the smaller tires? These smaller tires are a matched set of four from a L 3800.
I would truly appreciate opinions on the tires.

You will lose a little top speed, and gain a little pulling ability.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #660  
Yeah I really don't use the backhoe that much either, BUT I know after having one for 5 years I would be kicking my *** every time I need one. 0% time to pay why not. I'm not about to start digging holes with a shovel.

I really don't have anything more to add about the tires. I was hoping someone else would know more about the tires.
I know it's a couple hundred less for the smaller tires.
But if you wanted to go back to the larger tires there about 2k.
One concern I had was being smaller with a heavy tractor would they make more of a mark on the grass. But if you look at the tires the larger one is only going to have 2 large lugs touching sinking into the ground at once. The smaller tire looks like three lugs would be touching more of an area across the width of the tire. But you loose about 2 inches plus of ground clearance.

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trashing the B3030. I love my B3030 as some of you could tell with all the things I have done to it. I wanted it for life. I did so many things with it around the house. My wife and kids can't believe I'm trading it in.
But I always wanted a Grand cab but the size always had me look away. So if I'm keeping one for life why not start over with the one I really want. I can redo my mods on this one.

Hey WaxMan,

I guess I have to ask what you are looking to do with the tractor from here on out? I think you are on a similar size lot as me. I am currently using a L3800 with the 77 BH on 2.24 acres. I have looked at the Grand L's quite a few times, but the size is just too much for my lot 95% of the time. My last tractor was about the exact same size as the Grand L's. I would bring it down off the hill and use it at my 0.5 acre village lot occasionally, but it really was too much tractor/ weight for that. Would have loved to buy a B, but the loader just did not have enough lift heighth or reach for my needs. The L3800 is great for my needs, even though a smaller B would be nice for a fair amount of what I do. I personally would get the larger tires if I were to buy the Grand L. You have spring fever :) Let it pass and you will be glad you kept the B.Just my :2cents:

Good luck,
Russ

Last edited: