BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #661  
Hey WaxMan,

I guess I have to ask what you are looking to do with the tractor from here on out? I think you are on a similar size lot as me. I am currently using a L3800 with the 77 BH on 2.24 acres. I have looked at the Grand L's quite a few times, but the size is just too much for my lot 95% of the time. My last tractor was about the exact same size as the Grand L's. I would bring it down off the hill and use it at my 0.5 acre village lot occasionally, but it really was too much tractor/ weight for that. Would have loved to buy a B, but the loader just did not have enough lift heighth or reach for my needs. The L3800 is great for my needs, even though a smaller B would be nice for a far amount of what I do. I personally would get the larger tires if I were to buy the Grand L. You have spring fever :) Let it pass and you will be glad you kept the B.Just my :2cents:

Good luck,
Russ

Russ I think you nailed it, but If I let spring fever pass then I would have to double up for Summer fever, by then the new old stock Grand L 40's will be gone.......forever.
Other then the weight and with the smaller tires it's not really much bigger physically then my B, But It would have a wider stance, better cab and HST Plus
You don't think the smaller tires will make the tractor smaller? What problems did you have with your Grand L like tractor being too big?

That is probably good advice about letting it pass.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #662  
by then the new old stock Grand L 40's will be gone.......forever.
Other then the weight and with the smaller tires it's not really much bigger physically then my B, But It would have a wider stance, better cab and HST Plus

WaxMan, have you driven the cabbed grand L 40's? I think you nailed it on the head when you said better cab (which is SUBSTANTIALLY quieter) and most importantly the HST+. Everything I read about the HST+ is very positive. I say if you can swing it go for it, once they are gone it's too late then!!! Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you will keep us posted. Stanley

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #663  
Russ I think you nailed it, but If I let spring fever pass then I would have to double up for Summer fever, by then the new old stock Grand L 40's will be gone.......forever.
You don't think the smaller tires will make the tractor smaller? What problems did you have with your Grand L like tractor being too big?

Just out of curiosity, how tall is the L3240 with the L3800 tires installed? (Not that I'm going to change my mind on the B3350 at this point.)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #664  

For me the weight and also length was an issue when using my John Deere 301A on my village lot. I ended up steering very sharp to get in and out of spots and would tear things up. I find the same thing with my L3800 now and try to avoid turning real tight. I would imagine the length of the Grand L is very similar. To get the nice reach on those loaders, you also end up with the length. Did you drive one around with a loader on, trying to manuever through tight spots? Like I said, for me a B would be real nice. I wish the loaders just had a little more lift. For that matter I wish my L3800 did also. The HST + sounds very nice, but would you really get that much use out of it? If I still was in NY with the land I had, it would have been great. On my current small lot I would have fun playing with it, but do not need it. You did not say what your intended uses were. Maybe you just want to have it, and believe me I totally understand. I probably, no definately, do not need to have a tractor right now, but I can't live without one. I don't think the small tires look stupid, but I love the tires you show in your picture on the Grand L. Those were the exact tires on put on my JD and loved them. Well, I am just rambling now. I guess if you have the funds and you want it, you may want to grab it. You should not have any problem selling your B.

Take care,
Russ

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Well, sitting in the shadow of the parliament buildings as we speak, I could be considered an expert in tractor A/C performance since 90% of hot air in Canada is produced in those buildings:D

Ken I got a great laugh out of that comment above. Lol. Why do Kioti put a vinyl seat in a cabbed tractor? It just looks cheap to me not to mention its cold in the winter and you stick to it in the summer :confused3: maybe I'm just to fussy.

Just left the Kubota dealer. Oh man. Just looked at a new 6060. This one has the optional air ride seat. The mods could be endless. Anyone looking for a custom 5740 with 132 hours on it? ;)

Also picked up the forks for the BX and the stuff to do the 50 hour service.
Here's a few pics.

00F5632B-64B6-42E8-B35F-526243EE3E3D-506-0000004481902C95_zps1a734c93.jpg

C30B58F5-67C2-4DD4-9B0F-2A3202449513-506-000000449066F412_zps9f048b54.jpg

146ADB07-06D5-417B-BFB7-D99C9C3FB34A-506-0000004494822BDF_zps9eee294d.jpg

95064207-F595-4246-A3C9-F5A4D826676E-506-0000004498890175_zps1206b23e.jpg

D81F40B3-8279-4147-9630-9F0549EFC285-506-000000448C224AE2_zps232c0175.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #666  
Uh-oh... you've activated the launch sequence. Could there be a 6060 in your future...? :D :D

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #667  
So no one thinks it looks stupid with the small tires on it? Guess it would be easier to Wax the inner fender wells.:thumbsup:

Well I kinda do, but then I'm only a BX guy and don't have any experience with the big boys.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #669  
Thanks Paul, now I feel even better about the Grand 40's looks, seriously does that bowed out cab look good to you ?? I like the tapered top look, I don't need the glass blowing out the sides, The 40 looks sweet to me in this picture, the 60 well I don't know what to call it. The roof blah. I guess in time it will be the other way around though.
But I'm sure if you get one you'll make it look good.:thumbsup:

Why are you picking on that Kioti tractor? You can't make fun of another man's tractor once he owns it, thats like making fun of his wife or kicking his dog :confused:
Just kidding I know you guys must be friends.

Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #670  
I'm afraid owning any tractor with a cab would get expensive real fast replacing broken glass...

That said my D3 Dozer saved my life once... deep in the woods a very large Bay Tree decided to come down smack over my head with a huge thud.

It was growing on the bank of a little stream and a recent gully washer evidently undermined the support system...

No damage to me or the Dozer...

Had to hike home and get the saw and cut myself out.