BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Thanks Paul, now I feel even better about the Grand 40's looks, seriously does that bowed out cab look good to you ?? I like the tapered top look, I don't need the glass blowing out the sides, The 40 looks sweet to me in this picture, the 60 well I don't know what to call it. The roof blah. I guess in time it will be the other way around though.
But I'm sure if you get one you'll make it look good.:thumbsup:

Why are you picking on that Kioti tractor? You can't make fun of another man's tractor once he owns it, thats like making fun of his wife or kicking his dog :confused:
Just kidding I know you guys must be friends.

Actually my true feelings on the 6060 cab is it's two or three steps back from the 40 series. Like you I'm not in love with the cab design. Inside it's nice but I'd be hard pressed to say it's nicer than the 40 series. I do like the fuel tank placement on the 60 series. The windshield washer bottle is on the back of the cab outside which I like as well. I don't like the new crap on the engine but that's not Kubota's fault. No vertical exhaust either. I'll have to take Kubota's word for it if they say the cab is bigger. They at least addressed the seat issue so good for them. I'd love to have one to mod out. There's plenty of wiggle room for improvements but the only way that would happen with me is if they gave me one and we all know that's not going to happen so I'll sit back and watch another member mod his or her's. :thumbsup:
As for Kens Kioti, I like it. I think Kioti builds a great tractor. They could have taken a nice tractor and made it look more appealing in my opinion. I just don't like the thick looking top on the cab. Inside looks "Blaw" to me. Plastic seat in a cab! :thumbdown: Up here the resale of the Kioti's are poor. Kubota's don't stay on the lot. I'm just say'en. There's plenty of things I don't like about Fords, GM's and Dodge either and I own one of each but that's just me.

There's a lot of people out there that love there Kioti's and I'm glad they do. Kioti would be my third choice in tractors. If there was a JD dealership here I might have never owned a Kubota but I do and absolutely love there products, service and dealership so that's where I am on the subject. Did you ever consider a Kioti Waxman?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #672  
You know if it wasn't for you Paul I would not have been interested in the Grand L, It was your videos in the early days of your first Grand L.
I used to watch (I still do) you walking around outside the cab showing the different lights that you put on it. Watched you getting ready to plow, snow falling down. Don't laugh but I remember thinking to myself how safe and secure it seemed you heading out into the storm plowing in one of those Grand cabs. Well lit, warm, powerful, yup those videos made be want one. You'd opened the cab door the music comes alive, lights flashing made an impression.
So screw it, now I'm getting one. Not that I need one, because I want one. Next week I'm adding a 18 inch door panel to one of my overhead doors. That bay will then be 8 ft 6 inches high when done, more then enough room even with the big tires. Then the baby will sleep inside for the first time in it's life.
Then I will add the improvements to the cab( you call them mods) like I did with my B3030 , backup camera, stack, running light etc. etc. Thats the fun part, h*ll with using it. you know what I mean.

No I never considered a Kioti or a Manindra I did seriously considered the John Deere 3520 cab.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #673  
Thanks Paul, now I feel even better about the Grand 40's looks, seriously does that bowed out cab look good to you ?? I like the tapered top look, I don't need the glass blowing out the sides, The 40 looks sweet to me in this picture, the 60 well I don't know what to call it. The roof blah. I guess in time it will be the other way around though.
But I'm sure if you get one you'll make it look good.:thumbsup:

Why are you picking on that Kioti tractor? You can't make fun of another man's tractor once he owns it, thats like making fun of his wife or kicking his dog :confused:
Just kidding I know you guys must be friends.

I really like that L40 with the small tires! Pretty awesome!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #675  
WaxMan, have you driven the cabbed grand L 40's? I think you nailed it on the head when you said better cab (which is SUBSTANTIALLY quieter) and most importantly the HST+. Everything I read about the HST+ is very positive. I say if you can swing it go for it, once they are gone it's too late then!!! Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you will keep us posted. Stanley
Yes I have drove it around at the dealer, thanks Stanley

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #676  
Just out of curiosity, how tall is the L3240 with the L3800 tires installed? (Not that I'm going to change my mind on the B3350 at this point.)

ericdube sadly it's 85 inches so close but 84 is 84 and 85 is too big, turf tires might make it but I rather raise the door.

You know if it wasn't for you Paul I would not have been interested in the Grand L, It was your videos in the early days of your first Grand L.
I used to watch (I still do) you walking around outside the cab showing the different lights that you put on it. Watched you getting ready to plow, snow falling down. Don't laugh but I remember thinking to myself how safe and secure it seemed you heading out into the storm plowing in one of those Grand cabs. Well lit, warm, powerful, yup those videos made be want one. You'd opened the cab door the music comes alive, lights flashing made an impression.
So screw it, now I'm getting one. Not that I need one, because I want one. Next week I'm adding a 18 inch door panel to one of my overhead doors. That bay will then be 8 ft 6 inches high when done, more then enough room even with the big tires. Then the baby will sleep inside for the first time in it's life.
Then I will add the improvements to the cab( you call them mods) like I did with my B3030 , backup camera, stack, running light etc. etc. Thats the fun part, h*ll with using it. you know what I mean.

No I never considered a Kioti or a Manindra I did seriously considered the John Deere 3520 cab.

Well I didn't know I had that much of an influence on you my friend but I'm humbled to know you enjoyed the videos that much. I can tell you for certain that you'll love your new tractor and I'll look forward to seeing your "improvements " that follow.

Sometimes you need to treat yourself to something you want rather than need. Its the icing on the cake of life. I did the same when I had the 4240. Although I loved that tractor, in the back of my mind I wanted (not needed) a 5740. The 4240 had just hit the 200 hour mark and that same week I found out a friend of mine had a terminal illness so I woke up one morning and said frig this and ordered the 5740. Now I have really what I call my "Dream" tractor. I have it done the way I want it so that's a bonus as well.
Do I need it? Heck no. Do I want it! Oh ya :thumbsup:
Congrats on your new tractor :cool2:

I forgot to mention to the guys that's been following this thread because of the BX25D. I'll be posting two more mods very soon. One will be this weekend for sure. I might get time to post the two of them. One will be very useful and yes, it's been done before. The other, well it's more cosmetic but in a cool sort of way :laughing: its been done one time before as well.

Good lord 52.000 hits :shocked:
I'm now on the final stages of my land work. Today I'm renting a stump grinder to take out some stumps. All the class A has been spread, some top soil is spread and the have some red crushed stone to lay down. I'll try and do a POV video and include the stump grinder lol. When I'm done using the stump grinder on our property I'll be traveling over to a friends place. He's had some heart surgery a while ago and I'm going to grind some stumps for him to help him out. I try and do at least one good deed a day. :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #679  
I called the rental yard to check on a stump grinder... $165 for 8 hours... told them I didn't want to buy it.

I called the rental yard to check on a stump grinder... $165 for 8 hours... told them I didn't want to buy it.

The last time I rented one it was $60 a day. The one I'm renting today is $50. A day. If I had to pay $165. I'd go buy one :shocked:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 186