BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #683  
ericdube sadly it's 85 inches so close but 84 is 84 and 85 is too big, turf tires might make it but I rather raise the door.

Thanks. It does look really close from your pictures. At the end of the day, I think you're doing the right thing by raising the door height. I speak from experience after having just demo'd the opening to my shed and reframing it to accommodate the B3350. While it was a complete pain to do (plus almost 4 days of work), I'm glad I did it and won't have to worry about changing out the tires to a smaller diameter.

Also, I'm glad to hear that the L3240 will be going to a good home! Congratulations on your purchase!

I thought about the L40 series a while back, but I always knew it was going to be way too large for my needs. At this point, I'm just really happy that Kubota decided to come out with a more powerful B-series with an updated cab this year. Still have to wait for it to get here though! :)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #684  
The last time I rented one it was $60 a day. The one I'm renting today is $50. A day. If I had to pay $165. I'd go buy one :shocked:

I seldom rent because for a lot of tools renting 4 or 5 times works out to be the same as buying one... sometimes even new.

My former neighbor had a contracting business and he would get some significant discounts at the local rental yards... they also would give him a free rental if he was doing a project around the house...

I know he would not be paying $165

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #685  
Thanks. It does look really close from your pictures. At the end of the day, I think you're doing the right thing by raising the door height. I speak from experience after having just demo'd the opening to my shed and reframing it to accommodate the B3350. While it was a complete pain to do (plus almost 4 days of work), I'm glad I did it and won't have to worry about changing out the tires to a smaller diameter.

Also, I'm glad to hear that the L3240 will be going to a good home! Congratulations on your purchase!

I thought about the L40 series a while back, but I always knew it was going to be way too large for my needs. At this point, I'm just really happy that Kubota decided to come out with a more powerful B-series with an updated cab this year. Still have to wait for it to get here though! :)

Thanks ericdube,
Working on my door now, stopped for lunch. It won't be a big deal for me I'm just glad I had the room. With the new door it will only be 1/2 inch clearance from the ceiling, just made it with the 18 inch panel. I had two choices: remove a 21 inch panel and add a 24 inch panel to get the 3 inches I needed, or add one 18 inch panel and have plenty of room.

As you can see by the green tape 3 inches would have looked like a mistake from the outside. 18 inches you would know it's supposed to be higher. I'm only doing one door so I hope it will look ok if not I guess I'll have to do both doors. Those were the only two choices in height without buying the whole door. Right now I'm going with the smaller tires even though the door won't be an issue. What do you think? the smaller tires look OK?
I'm sure the 3350 will be a good machine for you and with turbo :thumbsup: bet that will sound good. the 2650 would be less then what I had.
How long before it comes in? I have to wait for the backhoe.
Oh and my wife thought that I was only raising the door on the inside :confused: until I put the tape up :eek:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #686  
Waxman; I am female AND blonde. How would a wife think you were only raising the door on the inside? I stay so confused. :confused2:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #687  
Waxman; I am female AND blonde. How would a wife think you were only raising the door on the inside? I stay so confused. :confused2:

Are you a real blonde or a dyed blonde? That might make a difference!!!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #688  
Are you a real blonde or a dyed blonde? That might make a difference!!!!

I am blonde to the roots, and always have been! How does that change things?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #689  
I am blonde to the roots, and always have been! How does that change things?

I better now say any more or I might get myself in more trouble!!!! I do know all blondes aren't the same, and you are one of the wiser ones.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #690  
I better now say any more or I might get myself in more trouble!!!! I do know all blondes aren't the same, and you are one of the wiser ones.

:laughing: What a clever boy, you are! When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging! :laughing: