BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #841  
Here's a pic of my blacked out Deere iMatch. The green really clashed with Kubota orange! Lol

Attachments

• image-3075084949.jpg
    image-3075084949.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 219
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #842  

Well there's an update on the Quick hitch I bought. I'm not posting a mod so don't come after me for posting again. I'm just posting this for educational aspect of it.
I dropped into the local Kubota dealership today to pick up the ballast box I had ordered for the BX. Yes I bought it because there's no challenge in building a ballast box and it would cost me twice as much for me to build it with the added features I'd want on it and will end up putting on this one.
Anyway I got to really looking at the Land Pride Quick Hitch they had there on the floor and comparing it to the SpeeCo I have and there's a Hugh difference. The latching system on the Land Pride seemed nicer and more positive locking. The fit and finish of the LP was miles ahead of the Chinese Speeco. The design of the Speeco looked homemade compared to the LP so guess what? I came home with the Land Pride QC. I snapped a few photo's for you seeing I wasted all your time reading this stuff.

I really liked the "fit and finish" compared to the Speeco. I liked the lower pin set up as well. Much more beefier. As I said above, the LP didn't look home made. That being said. The Speeco worked well but I liked the latches much better on the LP. The retail on the LP was $495 but the boys cut me a pretty good deal so I had to take it. I buy a lot of stuff from them and they are good to me. There's no where on the Rock to even see an imatch so I couldn't make a comparison of pricing here.

I think somebody discussed all of that in a video on Youtube:scratchchin:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #843  
wow -- the speedco looks awfully close to harbor frieght version.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Here's a pic of my blacked out Deere iMatch. The green really clashed with Kubota orange! Lol

Nice looking QC. Ya I could see where Green would clash with the orange :eek:

I think somebody discussed all of that in a video on Youtube:scratchchin:

Roger. You know the way it is. You just need to see some things in person to see the flaws. ;)

wow -- the speedco looks awfully close to harbor frieght version.

I think they are one of the same except the price.

Looks like I'll have to mod the Kubota ballast box because their lower pin location is to close to the box itself to comfortably hook up a quick hitch to. The lower hooks are a little to thick for a hook up without having to get off the tractor. It's also designed to low to get the QC hooks under it so that will be on my list of things to do along with a cover. Now that I've seen the Kubota box in person I should have built my own BUT I'll do the mods on this one.

I'm also going to fab up a bucket level indicator like the one that's on the Grand L. So much to do and so little time to do it :confused2:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #846  
Paul, sorry if I missed it, but i went thru all your posts from where you were before I had to be away for a while, like page 75, and nowhere could I find the link to the video you were in the process of uploading a while back. Could you post the link again? By the way, everything you've done is first class, both in design and execution! And I am speaking as a guy who was trained as an industrial designer back in the 60's.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Me! I'll take it. Where do you live and how much do want for it and how easy would it be to swap it with my 2008 BX24?

Sorry. Take what?

Paul, sorry if I missed it, but i went thru all your posts from where you were before I had to be away for a while, like page 75, and nowhere could I find the link to the video you were in the process of uploading a while back. Could you post the link again? By the way, everything you've done is first class, both in design and execution! And I am speaking as a guy who was trained as an industrial designer back in the 60's.

Well thank you Mr.Varmint. You know something. I always knew you were educated in an engineering or similar occupation by the way you responded to my posts not only here but in the past. I told my wife one time you would be one of the top five people I'd like to meet in person and talk about this sort of.

Anyway I did post the video and it was the way I posted it that you missed it. Even my own buddy (Belarus Bulldog)missed it and I had to go look for it for him so here it is my friend. The sound isn't great because I didn't use an external mic but you'll get the idea.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #848  
One of the small mods I made to my BX 25 (not a 25 D) was to change out the steering wheel to the one that comes on the BX 25D it is not only a better made wheel but it is deeper dished so it is closer and you can have the seat back for more leg room. That said I have now traded in my BX 25 on a "B" series, but I did save my week old new steering wheel and if anyone wants one for a BX let me know.

Me! I'll take it. Where do you live and how much do want for it and how easy would it be to swap it with my 2008 BX24?

Sorry. Take what?

Steering wheel.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #850  

:laughing: Man I must have had a brain fart because for the life of me I couldn't figure that one out :eek:

As soon as I saw the "me, I'll take it comment" without reference, I knew it was going to confuse somebody, just so much back and forth on this thread.