BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #861  
Just think. If you see enough of this sort of thing It just might inspire you to buy a welding unit and start learning :)

I'm taking many detailed photos so I'll make a deal with you all. We have the tail end of a tropical storm on the way and I'll have some extra time to post the photos IF there's enough interest. If there's not I'll sit back and relax and get some exercise on my finger using the remote for the TV :laughing:

That same storm just left us last night here in Ct. Last time I checked there was 65,600 hits, I think out of that many hits you have enough people that are interested maybe 2,000, so post the pictures then watch TV :)

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #862  
Satellite TV?
Your photos and commentary are much better and far more educational.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #863  
TV is overrated. I vote mods and mod pics. :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Cool. Wasn't sure if you guys were getting sick of this BX stuff. Anyway I've been in the shop all day at this ballast box. Glad you guys aren't here because the first thing you'd say is "Why did you buy a box if you were going to cut it up? Can't help it guys. Every time I buy something I realize there's a way to make it better or at least in my deranged mind it seems that way :laughing:
Progress is going good but the ideas keep coming up and I follow through.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #865  
Thank you very much for your comments and first of all I'd like to apologize for not responding to your PM. I usually respond to all comments, PM. Emails, YouTube comments and forum comments but to be honest it's just become a bit overwhelming lately with it all plus the fact I'm running our business and working on our property in the evenings and weekends so all of this equates to just not enough time in the day to deal with it all. That's basically the reason I decided to not post anymore mods on any of the forums for awhile so I hope you accept my apology and understand the reason I didn't respond to your PM. My wife thinks I need a publicist :laughing:

When I started this thread it was my intention to do so only to show others what I was doing and to show what could be done with bare steel and a little imagination. I do realize there's a good market for this stuff but I don't have the luxury of time to build any of it at this time plus as in the case of the "Claw" I've been using it now for a few weeks and before I start selling them I need to make sure they are up to my standards and if there's a weak ling in the system I can deal with it before I start selling them. It may be late fall or early winter before I'm ready to start production of them. Just the other day and good friend of mine and a local guy and a regular poster on here by the name of Belarus Bulldog asked me to build him a set of rear guards for his BX and I told him it would be later on before I could get at them.

Congratulations on your new BX. It sounds as if it is well deserved. If you enjoy it just half as much as I enjoy mine your in for a real treat. :thumbsup:

First off, not trying to Hi-Jack your thread...but...
I got done with the cement mixer.
I did just a couple MODS so far,
I added some "Flex-Clad" under the sheet metal motor enclosure, and use rubber mounts for the Honda Engine Deck. The thing wanted to vibrate itself to pieces.
I also added some rubber mounts on the engine deck. I used 6 of them, so the "belt side"is in tension, which is different than what would normally be acceptable I guess. (compression) We'll see how long they last.
I didn't shine up the Honda 5.5 (Gx160) yet, but that could easily be a "next winter"project.
I added a
"Drainzit" drain hose for oil changes, gets engine oil over the edge instead of just draining all over base plate About $20 plus shipping from Northern Tool.
If you ever have a noise or vibration problem to abate, the addition of the Flex Clad made a huge difference. Keep it in mind for our tractors. It's available from any industrial insulation supplier, if anybody needs info on it let me know. Here's a link (not affiliated with them, just work around industrial setting and our insulators use it) This variety has the foil backing, it's about a 1/16" thick, and has a very tacky, rubber like material that has to be cut with a razor knife.
www.flexclad.com/

Attachments

• RUBBERMOUNT.jpg
    RUBBERMOUNT.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 146
  • BEFORE.jpg
    BEFORE.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DRAINZIT.jpg
    DRAINZIT.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 126
  • FLEXCLAD.jpg
    FLEXCLAD.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 141
  • AFTER.jpg
    AFTER.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
   / BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #866  
Cool. Wasn't sure if you guys were getting sick of this BX stuff. Anyway I've been in the shop all day at this ballast box. Glad you guys aren't here because the first thing you'd say is "Why did you buy a box if you were going to cut it up? Can't help it guys. Every time I buy something I realize there's a way to make it better or at least in my deranged mind it seems that way :laughing:
Progress is going good but the ideas keep coming up and I follow through.
In my experience, sometimes its easier to get something premade and modify it to fit your needs vs starting from scratch.

Aaron Z

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #867  
I added some "Flex-Clad" under the sheet metal motor enclosure, and use rubber mounts for the Honda Engine Deck. The thing wanted to vibrate itself to pieces.
I also added some rubber mounts on the engine deck. I used 6 of them, so the "belt side"is in tension, which is different than what would normally be acceptable I guess. (compression) We'll see how long they last.
I didn't shine up the Honda 5.5 (Gx160) yet, but that could easily be a "next winter"project.
I added a
"Drainzit" drain hose for oil changes, gets engine oil over the edge instead of just draining all over base plate About $20 plus shipping from Northern Tool.
If you ever have a noise or vibration problem to abate, the addition of the Flex Clad made a huge difference. Keep it in mind for our tractors. It's available from any industrial insulation supplier, if anybody needs info on it let me know.

Nice job on the cement mixer looks new :thumbsup:

I added a
If you ever have a noise or vibration problem to abate, the addition of the Flex Clad made a huge difference. Keep it in mind for our tractors. It's available from any industrial insulation supplier, if anybody needs info on it let me know.

Wow! That sure turned out nice. Great sense of accomplishment when things turn out like that. Good job. Tip my lid to you sir and thanks for sharing with us :thumbsup:

In my experience, sometimes its easier to get something premade and modify it to fit your needs vs starting from scratch.

Aaron Z

Man isn't that the truth. I can tell that you've been there and done that. The ballast box cost me $200. and I am making it the way I want it and I'm basically using left overs here in the shop. The only thing that I don't understand is how in the heck did I just put 11 hours into it :confused3:

Anyway the fab work and mods are done. The paint is drying and the unveiling will be early tomorrow morning.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #869  
Wow! That sure turned out nice. Great sense of accomplishment when things turn out like that. Good job. Tip my lid to you sir and thanks for sharing with us :thumbsup:

Man isn't that the truth. I can tell that you've been there and done that. The ballast box cost me $200. and I am making it the way I want it and I'm basically using left overs here in the shop. The only thing that I don't understand is how in the heck did I just put 11 hours into it :confused3:

Anyway the fab work and mods are done. The paint is drying and the unveiling will be early tomorrow morning.
Ahh sh*t just sitting down with a drink thought I'd see what you been up to all day, Now you tell me I have to wait till morning?

Ahh sh*t just sitting down with a drink thought I'd see what you been up to all day, Now you tell me I have to wait till morning?

SmileyCry.jpg

Man I know. Its tough but now you'll have something to look forward to tomorrow :laughing: