Page 95 of 160 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105145 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Dear Paul,
    I only found this forum and thread a few days ago and my first post was on this thread. In fact you where the first to welcome me and made me feel I belonged! My shiny new BX25D awaits my return from a 10 day overseas business trip... I can't wait to get started on my first two mods... Wheel spacers and skid plates. Took me two nights to read carefully this entire thread in an otherwise boring hotel room. You and a few others have been intrustmental in getting me up the learner's curve faster than I imagined and instilled so much more passion than I realized for DIY projects!

I sincerely thank you. Good luck in your new adventure.

Mark

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400

Paul; I read every page and entry along the way and despite the fact that I responded only a few times, I assure you every mod brought a smile to my face. Every one of us on TBN that followed the BX25D thread owe you a huge thanks for keeping us interested and entertained. Stay well and we will see ya down the road.
    CCY SC2400, FEL, MMM, WB, Chore tote, Broadcast Spreader

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Paul,
    I just ran out of superlatives to use. Your work is stunning. I could only wish I could do 1/4 of it.
    Please don't take any lack of response personally in any way. All the way through, you had all of us by the throat, our undivided attention. I still look daily, despite my long term distraction of finding out last Wednesday that after 29 years I'm being laid off next month.

Tractor
    BX 25

Paul, I can certainly understand you desire to spend more time with the family and your other "toys". I want to thank you for all the time and effort you put into the projects and postings you did. It was certainly enjoyable for me. I would like to point out though that the purpose of these forums is not only for discussion but for archival of information. By deleting this thread you remove over 600 posts and all record of the hard work you put in to those mods, including the feedback and discussion from many other posters. It seems like a shame to me to waste all that effort and knowledge. Well, just my opinion anyway. Good luck and stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Bob B.

Kubota BX25, FEL, 60" MMM, Curtis cab with heat
    Kubota BX2750D snow blower, 5' Estate rake, 5' rear blade

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by rbarker View Post
    Paul, I can certainly understand you desire to spend more time with the family and your other "toys". I want to thank you for all the time and effort you put into the projects and postings you did. It was certainly enjoyable for me. I would like to point out though that the purpose of these forums is not only for discussion but for archival of information. By deleting this thread you remove over 600 posts and all record of the hard work you put in to those mods, including the feedback and discussion from many other posters. It seems like a shame to me to waste all that effort and knowledge. Well, just my opinion anyway. Good luck and stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Yeah I agree. I find it all a little bizarre. Why throw it all away? Whatever...

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

That makes sense with the photos. I could easily see his work either in a reality television show or coffee table book. Plus he has the personality and probably an on-screen presence that would be widely appealing. Mrs. 4shorts is really clever and talented on her own so that would be a very marketable package of technical and marital bliss with crowd appeal. Sort of the Sonny and Cher of the specialty mod business.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Sort of the Sonny and Cher of the specialty mod business.
    Lol! Is that a compliment?!

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Lol! Is that a compliment?!
    Oh, absolutely and of the highest order.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX2360 JD 425 jd 455

I think like me everyone read the posts, then hit the internet finding the supplies to make the same one.. but also I think everyone like me is out in the yard mowing and raking, or working overtime while the weather is good.

Tractor
    2008 Kubota b2920

I have enjoyed reading and admiring these mods.

Very creative and excellent workmanship.

I can appreciate the time and effort that this type of work takes out of your life; specially with the detailed documentation and video editing that comes with it.

I for one will not even look at another post from Mr.Short as I find his reply statement (paraphrased) I posted the mod on the spinner and nobody replied within 24hrs totally absurd!

I'm sure we are all old enough to not need lectures but I do hope that Mr.Short realizes that he is not the only one that is busy.

Many of us have Mobil devices and check in on breaks or when life allows it and do not always have the luxury of time to respond with a reply.

Anyway I wish you well Mr.Short and am sure that you will be back fabricating amazing things in one capacity or another to amaze the masses!
    ericher69
    IAFF Local 849

Page 95 of 160 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105145 ... LastLast