BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
I'm calling this mod #1 although I already got a few others done but I'll post on them later.
This is a ripper tooth I fabricated. It's pretty well built from scrap around the shop. It weighs 36 lbs so that's not to bad considering the bucket weighs around 40 lbs. As you can see I also added a replaceable tooth. I figured it was better to do that rather than wear out the bottom of the tooth. I had planned to add the ripper tooth to the bucket but changed my mind because if I did it that way I would get the benefit from my thumb plus the change over from bucket to tooth is less than 5 minutes.

I guess the pictures will tell the story. In one photo you'll see a small shaft I machined. I threaded each end to hold the pin keepers in place that way I wouldn't have to use a nut on the inside to fasten the bolt plus the solid 3/4 shaft will add some strength to the mount. I made the tooth out of 1 plate and cut it with the Miller plasma. I welded it with the Millermatic 350 P in pulse mode and I included some photo's of how the welds look. I should have taken a few more photo's but when I'm doing something like this I sometimes get so involved in it I loose track of time and forget about the camera
Anyway you'll get the idea. I figured I'll use this on some tough ground and aiding in pulling tree roots. A big thank you to my lovely wife for designing and cutting the graphics. :thumbsup:
I add photo's of more mods as time will allow.

rip7_zps79db467b.jpg

rip1_zps72ba2054.jpg

rip2_zps28f1ae00.jpg

rip3_zps21588149.jpg

rip4_zps10b19ed1.jpg

rip5_zps4e76fd8d.jpg

rip6_zpsc8d15276.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #3  
Wow! Very cool. I am super jealous of your skills. I love the posts and pics. Paint job looks fantastic, what do you spray it with?

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Wow! Very cool. I am super jealous of your skills. I love the posts and pics. Paint job looks fantastic, what do you spray it with?

Thanks man. I just load up a HVLP gun with some enamel and shoot it. it's almost a waste of paint to do it becuase once it hits the ground trhe paint will come off but hey, it was a Kodak moment :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #6  
I hear a ripper tooth like that works good on shearing roots, and is much better than a bucket for that task.

Very cool work as always.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #7  
Paul, looks great! As usual excellent workmanship! Stanley

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #8  
Man, What A Tooth! Looks good Paul, now I want one for my BH.

I am so copying you on that :mischievous:

Go for it my friend. That's why I post this stuff. Sharing ideas :thumbsup:

I hear a ripper tooth like that works good on shearing roots, and is much better than a bucket for that task.

Very cool work as always.

Thanks Matt. That's the reason I needed a ripper. Glad you like it.

Paul, looks great! As usual excellent workmanship! Stanley

Thanks Stanley. I appreciate that. Glad you liked it as well. It was a fun project. Only twenty more mods to do lol.

Man, What A Tooth! Looks good Paul, now I want one for my BH.

Thanks Ramsay. Oh ya. I can see you using one of these. Wonder where you could get one ;) For those that don't know this guy he happens to be a long time customer of ours and a close friend.