New Wallenstein logging winch

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #1  

Stewie1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota b3200hst
Picked up another attachment for my B3200 this week - a Wallenstein FX 65 logging winch.

IMG_0767.jpgIMG_0768.jpg

Picked it up from my dealer on Thursday. Looked around for a used one, but only found a Norse 290 at the dealer and in the end the price difference did not make sense to go used.

Spent the long weekend skidding Oak, Maple, Spruce, Birch and Ash at a friend's property (a sawmill owning friend......).

I had wondered if I would have enough power to move the logs I wanted to, but so far no issues whatsoever. If I am not able to winch it, it means something is hung up and more HP would not fix this.

I have been really impressed with how smooth winching logs out is - previously I had attached them to a drawbar on the tractor and driven forwards - this is a lot less stress on the machine.

When does the temptation to buy attachments end......:drink:

Craig

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #2  
Nice solid looking winch, I looked at Wallenstein when I was shopping. Oddly enough, I came across a "used" Norse 290 that was still on it's shipping pallet. The previous owner had changed his mind about cutting firewood after he bought the winch.

We use ours for a variety of chores, including pulling alders out of the edge of our pastures. I like being able to pull more than one stick to me without driving over the ground repeatedly and tearing it up.

Sean

Last edited:
   / New Wallenstein logging winch #3  
Very nice. How much if you don't mind? I have trouble finding prices online and my local dealer doesn't sell many. Just not sure how much wiggle room there are in the price.

Thanks. Nice pics.

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #5  
How much does it weigh? And how many lbs pull?

/ New Wallenstein logging winch
Bob77064 said:
How much does it weigh? And how many lbs pull?

Weight is 470lbs and maximum pull is quoted to be 6500lbs. When pulling a large load it really digs itself in nicely.

/ New Wallenstein logging winch
BuzzardA91 said:
Very nice. How much if you don't mind? I have trouble finding prices online and my local dealer doesn't sell many. Just not sure how much wiggle room there are in the price.

Thanks. Nice pics.

I got a few hundred off list ($3795 in Canada). I have seen them advertised for less, but as I live away from most dealers and my Kubota dealer could set it up for me on the same model tractor on the lot, it was well worth buying from them. I have seen them advertised online for $3299 in the US.

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #8  
Thank you

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #9  
Can I ask how much you gave for that?

/ New Wallenstein logging winch #10  
I think the dealer here sells them for about $3300 Cdn.. it's been a couple years since I priced them so that's likely gone up a bit. They were one of the more expensive ones I priced but also one of the best built. At 470 lbs it weighs about 150 lbs more than my Norse 290. Pull rating is about the same but the Wallenstein is bigger overall.

Sean