Suggestions on oil for BX25

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #1  

Chugbug

Silver Member
Tractor
BX25
I'm getting ready to change the oil in my BX25 and interested in what everyone is using in their 25's. I've been using Kubota brand 10-30 but would like to find a synthetic. I've used the search engine but couldn't find any conversations on oil types. Any thoughts or does anyone know where I can find a thread on oil. Thanks all!

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #2  
   / Suggestions on oil for BX25 #3  
Just about any forum that has anything to do with gas or diesel engines has discussed syn vs dino 'ad nauseam', so get ready! This thread could go on for a month or a minute. Given that, I have a BX and am happy using Shell Rotella t6 full syn.

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25
I know there's a lot of different thoughts out there as well as opinions but just wanted to see what other Op's are putting in their BX25's. like i said, I've been using Kubota 10w-30 but that stuff is high compared to other brands and I would like to use synthetic from here on out.

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #5  
Shell Rotella T-6 full syn been happy with it:cool2:

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #6  
I've been using RPM DELO 15-40 for 50 years in everything I have ever changed oil in. It originally was formulated for stationary and heavy duty diesel engines. Meets the specs for Kubota and then some. I have never been sold on the high price for synthetics so why start now.

Ron

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #9  
I run Amsoil 10w-30 in mine. I've also heard good things about the Rotella synthetic also.

/ Suggestions on oil for BX25 #10  
I run Amsoil 10w-30 in mine. I've also heard good things about the Rotella synthetic also.
I use Shell Rotella T6 in everything except my gas lawnmower and then it is T5 although I think the T6 would work but I have several gallons of T5 to use up so the lawnmower gets it. It exceeds all the specs and is reasonably priced at Walmart. When I find it on sale I usually stock up with several gallons. My tractor uses 2.5 gallons on an oil change so I keep at least 5 gallons in stock.
The question of whether synthetic is better than dino for my very low hour per year (that is my oil change schedule ) is questionable but for my once a year oil change, I figure that a few bucks more isn't going to bankrupt me and since I do change only once per year, I want to use the best lubricant that I can that is good for all weather conditions at least the conditions that I have. I use the 5W-40 and it meets all the lows and highs for the temps here and then some.