Benton, Pennsylvania
    Kubota, BX23

Default Best Loader cutting edge for BX

The time has come for me to think about a better cutting edge on my bucket, my edge has some wear, but not over the hill, I would like to save it while I can. We had some rock hammered at the property, its in a large pile and consists of various sizes. I think a new replaceable edge will be easier on the machine as mine is currently like a knife and can imagine what rocks will do to it...
    Any suggestions? I recall many here like WL long I believe the name was, Also curious what I could grade and remove loose rocks with I dirt? I think it would be a box scraper, but unsure of other 3point attachments.. There are roots and random stones. Final product will be yard in the woods. I want to move the pile of stone for drive way, and over the bank to terrace the bank and knob we are building on.

Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Cedartown, Ga and N. Ga mountains
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Default Re: Best Loader cutting edge for BX

Tol, my first thought was you might look at a tooth bar for you loader. It slips over the cutting edge protecting it and offers the benefits of teeth for digging in. With what you describe I think you will want that. I am not all that familiar with the BX series but it sure helps on my tractors.