Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2013 Kubota M7040 4wd Hydraulic Shuttle

Default Loading front tires on MFWD?

Have you guys tried loading the front tires on a MFWD like an M7040? When I worked for the state we had a case IH 885 with a FEL and the front tires had fluid in them and it handled really good at highway speeds. Anyone have any other experience with this good or bad? Thanks!

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I remember reading (here on TBN) that kubota says you aren't supposed to. With that being said, my M9540 came from the dealer with the front tires loaded. I can't say if it helps or not as the one at work came the same way, from the same dealer.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    I remember reading (here on TBN) that kubota says you aren't supposed to. With that being said, my M9540 came from the dealer with the front tires loaded. I can't say if it helps or not as the one at work came the same way, from the same dealer.
    I am trying to think of a downside to loading the front tires vs front weights on the frame. You would need a wide tire to make much of a difference, but what would the problem be?

Tractor
    Kubota M7040

Default Re: Loading front tires on MFWD?

I put 800 hours on my M5040 with loaded fronts and rears. Trygg ice chains on all four wheels with an 8' Anbo blade on the front and a big Lorenz snowblower on the rear during the winter months. No issues with the tractor and the additional weight was a bonus. I just replaced the M5040 with an M7040 with loaded front and rears. My dealer says he's never had an issue with loaded front tires on Kubotas.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Dad had an L3650 which had 4 loaded tires, it started life as a sidewalk machine and made it to ~1500 hours without any driveline issues.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor

The only thing I think it would hurt is the steering components but I honestly don't think it will hurt anything, I may load them and see how it does.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by nauxier16 View Post
    The only thing I think it would hurt is the steering components but I honestly don't think it will hurt anything, I may load them and see how it does.
    Hmmm, 300# in the front tires vs 3000# from the loader and a bucket full of dirt. I dont think that it will be a problem.
    The only places where it could be a problem would be:
    1. Extra drivetrain wear/tear from the extra rotating mass. Impact: Negligible (if its even measurable).
    2. Extra wear on the tires from a slightly higher weight on them all the time and less "flex" at max front axle load. Impact: Negligible.
    3. Extra load "hanging down" when you lift the front end in the air with the loader. Impact: Negligible (if its even measurable).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Tractor

I agree Aaron, I think the reward out weighs the risk because like mention above, it is common to fill the tires and no one has any problems.

Tractor

Which one would you guys suggest that I use, windshield washer fluid or antifreeze as a mix for loading my tires

Tractor

Windshield Washer Fluid or RV antifreeze. No worry about critters eating either of those if you have a leak.

Aaron Z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast