adding a backhoe to my 3010

/ adding a backhoe to my 3010 #1  

wyoranch

Tractor
none
Hi guys, I have a 3020 hat that I love. I came across a used backhoe that an old farmer near me has.that I can get for free. It is a kubota backhoe, was on a similar sized tractor that caught fire. The seat and controls portion of.the.hoe are burned, no paint on the metal and the hydraulic hoses burned off. All cylinders seem to still have the chrome on them. A couple questions, it has what seems to be a quick connect that bolts to the.tractor frame and stays there even when the hoe is detatched. On the backhoe part there are also two pins where you would hook up the three point arms, seems odd since its bolted to the frame, do you hook them up and raise your 3 point for extra support? Also, I assumed these hoes had a pro driven hydraulic pump and a reserboir, didn't think the tractor hydraulics would handle a backhoe. But it looks like the hoses were plumbed to the tractor in this case. Anything I need to look for or any pointers? I moved the joysticks and they seem to move fine and spring back as they should, I think its possible they are actually ok. My main concern is plumbing this thing into my tractor and there being burned stuff in there that contaminates my Tractor. I doubt the hydrostatic drive likes soot

/ adding a backhoe to my 3010 #2  
What model backhoe is it?
Are you getting the subframe also?
Since you are saying your getting it for free, you can afford to spend some $ to get it set up.

/ adding a backhoe to my 3010
I can't find a model number. Its not on the boom where theyres still paint left, I'm pretty sure the tag with the VII and model was by the controls, you can see where some tags were, but I have a feeling it was an adhesive tag. Burned off. Can't find a model number anywhere. The tractor it was on was of similar size.to mine, don't know what model it is either, its crispy. So I've been reading threads on backhoes and it seems they hook into your factory hydraulics? This surprises me, the hydraulics are ok on my tractor, pretty strong, but really slow when compared to a bobcat. I figured the backhoe would be.really slow unless it had its own pump

/ adding a backhoe to my 3010 #4  
The factory backhoe for an L3010 was a BL4690A, which was a 3 point mounted setup. There was a much bigger, 4 point subframe type backhoe for the larger tractors in the Lxx10 series, which would not fit the L3010. However Kubota has been selling "similar sized" tractors since the 1980's and there were many different backhoe models over the years. Many of them were similar in design and shared many common parts. It sounds like you have a 3 point type hoe. Any chance you can put up some pictures of it? The 4690 backhoe, if that's what you have, was very popular and even if it's not the exact configuration to fit on an L3010, it should be a pretty straightforward job getting it to fit.

These backhoes are either run by a pto-driven pump or through the tractor's hydraulics. Using the tractor's hydraulics eliminates the need for a dedicated fluid reservior and a pto pump just for the backhoe. Compact tractors don't have anything close to the hydraulic flow of a skidsteer, but have enough for tractor-type attachments such as a small backhoe. Your L3010 has enough hydraulic flow to operate a backhoe from its hydraulics, but you'd have to add the lines and such for it.

I can't post pics, I can email or text them but I use my phone for my internet so can't post them. As for how it mounts, it has a subframe. the top mount replaces the factory bracket for.the third link and provides the top mounting point for the hoe, it also has holes to mount the factory third arm to it so it can be used when not mounted. The bottosm mounts are similar, bracket bolts to the frame and there are two pads, hex shaped, that correspond to two mounts on the hoe. The hoe will sit over these pads and there are spring loaded pins that lock the hoe on. So it mounts to the frame but for some reason on the framework of the backhoe there are two pins for the three point arms. I'm not sure if its just a place to pin them so they don't rattle around or if you actually hook your three point arms to them for extra support.

Some more info, found out this morning its pretty old. I didn't realize the farmer got it in the early 90s, but I don't think it was old then, its in good shape, nothing worn out. And the paint that isn't burned is in good shape. I figured something was different than the others I've read about because they say to make sure to use the heavy duty third arm but this one uses no third arm, it mounts directly to the third arm bracket. The biggest reason I'm trying to find info is because there are no hydraulics lines. I'm gonna rebuild all the cylinders but Id like ato get info on it so I can find a diagram of where the hoses hook up to on the valve body

/ adding a backhoe to my 3010 #7  
I'm getting out into deep water here, at least for me. So my big questions is... if there are brackets that replace the standard 3 pt mounting points, do the brackets fit on your 3010? If it's got 3 mounting points - replacements for the standard 3 pt., I suppose it's a "3 point hoe".

Upon further inspection they are actually the tractor side mounts for.my three point arms, the ones they pivot on. Apparently I have to remove the factory ones to fit the subframe. And thanks for the manual, ill check it out. As for the top link bracket, it has a bracket that replaces the factory bracket holding the top link. The backhoe mounts directly to that. Slips on it and bolts in place.

Ok, was finally able.to identify.the tractor the hoe came off of, found an info tag on the rops. Its a kubota b20.