Oil & Fuel Metal shavings on filter

/ Metal shavings on filter #11  
Good pics. Those shavings look like the castings were not washed out good at the factory after machining. They way they are curled and spiral shaped looks just like the way they spiral off a milling machine. I have never seen spirals like that come out of transmissions or rearends that have had catastrophic failures. Those have got to be leftovers from a sloppy washout at the factory.

/ Metal shavings on filter #12  
This isn't unusual for the Kubota L series. Mine wasn't that bad but still had a fair bit of debris.

Sean

/ Metal shavings on filter #13  
Seems to be typical of Kubota L's and small M's. Lots of threads on this and wish there weren't.

/ Metal shavings on filter #14  
Well, as disturbing as it is to see that much metal debris loose in a transmission and hydraulic system, they don't seem to have many problems as a result of it.
The filter is on the suction side of the pump and removes the stuff before it gets somewhere critical. If it stayed in suspension and got into bearings or gearing it might be a problem. Cold weather and heavy oil might cause that kind of condition.

I had a quick look at the gears in my transmission when I had the cover off last winter, no signs of anything metal having gone through them.

Sean

/ Metal shavings on filter #15  
Just finished up my 50 hour on my B2620 and I am startled that I FOUND NO SHAVINGS WHAT-SO-EVER!! On my 2200, however, there were a few. Maybe they changed their cleanout procedure on the 2012's. By the way, the channel lock oil filter wrenches are fantastic!

/ Metal shavings on filter #16  
I just mentioned on another thread that at my 50 hour fluid change I had NO shavings or other debris on my filters. Maybe just luck or Kubota changed how they flush out the housings on the 2012 B series HST.

/ Metal shavings on filter #17  
My 2010 B2320 didn't have any metal shavings either.

/ Metal shavings on filter #18  
good to know this is common. just did my 50 and saw some good size shavings. X2 on the Chicom tractors. My first tractor was a jinma and it siezed a pump at 10 hours. It was never deburred and full of metal. Never buy Chicom! This was the start and now thats why I have Kubota.