Loader FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #11  
The dealer talked me through it when it was delivered, but we didn't actually take it off. I have done a lot of research before I attempted to remove the loader. And I'm one of those guys who always reads the manuals first. Read threads here and on The tractor forum. I put down the loader stand first, then rotated the bucket down 20 degrees. Lowered FEL, and lifted with bucket, not the stand. Cement floor. I went over to remove left pin, very loose. Right pin, stuck! I backed out of tractor shed, and drove all over the gravel drive trying different things. I tried to call my dealer, but they are closed Saturday afternoon. I'm not at the farm now, or I would get pics. Very strange.

I hope my "old information" didn't lead you too far astray! Watched the YouTube; yes the procedure is an improvement from my older one.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #12  
My L3400 is the same way, the left side is loose and the right binds a bit. Once I got it off the first time I took a rat-tail file and cleaned up the hole a bit, it didn't make much difference. Now that it's got a few years on it and things have worn in a little it's better. At first I had to put a short piece of small pipe on the T-bar on the pin to turn it and pull at the same time, now I can usually get it by hand.

I might try loosening the bolts and re-tighten them with equal strain on both sides, I don't see how it could hurt. It sounds like one loader mount is slightly out of alignment with the other, or the loader is slightly twisted.

Sean

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #13  
If you bought it new I would ask the dealer to send someone out to fix it.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660
Grandad - You didn't confuse me. As a matter of fact, when I first saw the procedure it didn't make any sense to me! Raise the tires and take off the bucket!? But that's the way it works. Sandy- I'll see what the dealer says today. My farm is on the other side of the Illinois river, and it might reach record levels by Thursday and break the levee at Beardstown, so I won't be able to get to the farm for a while anyway if that happens. I might be busy helping out family. Hope no one gets hurt.

I talked to my dealer today, and the salesman/mechanic Bill said the pins went in easy when he assembled it. He said he didn't think I messed anything up, it might have shifted a bit while I was using it. He gave me advice on things to try. Make sure it's level, try bouncing bucket a little while raising the tractor to try to seat the FEL, and if that doesn't work I could try to loosen the bolts on the mounting plate to see if it would seat correctly. If I can't get it to work, he's willing to drive 60 miles out to the farm and try to fix it. Now that's good service! I also had a question on getting the mower deck to lock in to place, and he told me exactly what to look for and how to adjust it. I feel much better knowing that if I can't fix it, they will take care of me. I had a good feeling when I bought the tractor. You're just never sure how you'll be treated after the sale. I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #16  
If you raise the 3pt all the way up then lock the MMM it should stay up and not move up/down with the 3pt.

That's what I thought about the deck. Bill told me where the adjustment nut was, and how he adjusts it. Now I have to wait until the Illinois river goes down to get out to the farm. They are closing the roads on the East side of Beardstown, including the road out to the farm, and preparing for a flood. My wife and I drove over last night, and I''ve never seen the river so high. A few more feet higher, and it's going to go over the dike on the east, or the seawall on the west that is protecting Beardstown. Closing the school starting Thursday. And more rain coming today. It could get bad.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #18  
I have been able to get the pins in easily every time I took the loader off...except once. Scared me to death. I thought I'd bent something.

I finally checked the air pressure in my front tires, and the front right tire was low. I added air, and the pin went right in.

Hope your problem is solved as easily.

Best wishes on the flooding also.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #19  
Hope everyone stays safe out there. I've travelled through your area when the rivers were high and it's amazing the amount of farmland that goes under water. But that bottomland must be some of the richest soil in the world. Is your place on high ground?

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #20  
I just wanted to add a little to the adjustment knob and being able to get the deck in position to keep it all the way up when you drop your lift. The adjustment rod and nut is the main adjustment. One thing can happen and keep you from getting the deck all the way up after you adjust the rod is the deck has adjustable stops where the lift arms connect to the deck. It takes a combination of adjusting both together to get the deck all the way up and being able to turn the knob in place with ease. It took me about 30 min to get mine exact. Hope this helps you out and makes adjusting a little bit easier for you. I hope the flood waters recedes and everyone stays safe.