Loader FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #1  

Gitpicker

Tractor
Kubota BX 2660
Hi all. I have about 8 hours on my 2660. I tried to remove the loader yesterday. I lifted the wheels off the ground with the loader bucket per the manual, and the left side pin was loose and could be removed. However, the right side pin would not budge. I put the left side pin pack in, and then I tried many times, and many different surfaces, and had the same result. Loose left pin, tight right pin looking forward from the driver's seat. I got to the point that I could barely rotate the right pin, but I could not pull it out. I didn't want to use extreme force, as then I probably couldn't get it back in! The loader works fine, and I've only used it to move some dirt to fill holes. Any ideas?

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #2  
My equipment is quite a bit older, but those instructions do not make sense to me. If the weight of the front end is on the loader and not the wheels, well of course it will be hard to pull the pin out! It's holding up the tractor! That's like jacking up a car and then trying to remove the jack.

Unless there are new laws of gravity, what you need to be doing is almost lift the front, so the weight is neutral on the loader. That way there is no load on the pins and they can be removed. With my tractors, there is some combination of raise/lower and bucket curl that eases the load on the pins and they slide right out.

The dealer should have demonstrated all this upon delivery and should have stayed there until you were good to go on your own.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #3  
I don't have a BX but a newer B series and I think loader removal is the same. You do actually lift the front wheels off the ground to take the load off the pins they should move freely, if you've tried several different positions I think I would want the dealer to look at it and show me how to get it off and inspect for any problems. Hope you resolve it, good luck.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #4  
Hi all. I have about 8 hours on my 2660. I tried to remove the loader yesterday. I lifted the wheels off the ground with the loader bucket per the manual, and the left side pin was loose and could be removed. However, the right side pin would not budge. I put the left side pin pack in, and then I tried many times, and many different surfaces, and had the same result. Loose left pin, tight right pin looking forward from the driver's seat. I got to the point that I could barely rotate the right pin, but I could not pull it out. I didn't want to use extreme force, as then I probably couldn't get it back in! The loader works fine, and I've only used it to move some dirt to fill holes. Any ideas?

I don't think I would force it either. As you can see from the left side the pin should come out easily. Have you ever taken the loader off before? Stupid question but did you set up the loader stand? Is the surface relatively flat and solid? Maybe post a couple of pictures so we can see what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660
The dealer talked me through it when it was delivered, but we didn't actually take it off. I have done a lot of research before I attempted to remove the loader. And I'm one of those guys who always reads the manuals first. Read threads here and on The tractor forum. I put down the loader stand first, then rotated the bucket down 20 degrees. Lowered FEL, and lifted with bucket, not the stand. Cement floor. I went over to remove left pin, very loose. Right pin, stuck! I backed out of tractor shed, and drove all over the gravel drive trying different things. I tried to call my dealer, but they are closed Saturday afternoon. I'm not at the farm now, or I would get pics. Very strange.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #6  
The dealer talked me through it when it was delivered, but we didn't actually take it off. I have done a lot of research before I attempted to remove the loader. And I'm one of those guys who always reads the manuals first. Read threads here and on The tractor forum. I put down the loader stand first, then rotated the bucket down 20 degrees. Lowered FEL, and lifted with bucket, not the stand. Cement floor. I went over to remove left pin, very loose. Right pin, stuck! I backed out of tractor shed, and drove all over the gravel drive trying different things. I tried to call my dealer, but they are closed Saturday afternoon. I'm not at the farm now, or I would get pics. Very strange.

Yeah, sounds like it should be coming off. There are a half dozen you tube videos of loader removal on the BX25 you could try watching but it sounds like you are doing everything right. Loader removal on this tractor is about as quick and simple as it gets under usual circumstances. I wonder if there is some corrosion or maybe excess paint in the hole binding the pin. Probably have to wait until tomorrow and see what the dealer says.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #7  
Just a thought, don't lift the front wheels to far off the ground, just an inch or two, and as already suggested be sure you have the loader stand down.

No need to baby it, it's a tractor. Use something to punch the pin out with a hammer. The pin may have a small burr on it that is not allowing you to easily pull it out.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #8  
Sounds like the frame is torqued a bit, maybe some frame bolts are loose also allowing the subframe to shift a bit. I would say this is something the dealer needs to correct, may be even put on a new loader or reposition the subframe on the tractor.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660 #9  
I had a BX2660 with the front loader. You are doing it right. It don't matter if you put slight pressure down and barely raise the wheels or if you raise it completely off the ground. The arms rock back into the frame and should not be any pressure at all on the pins. One thing you may try if you want is to loosen the bolts on the tight side, lift the tractor and tighten back. See if that helps or do the opposite, slightly raise the bucket , loosen that side and let it find it's happy place. Tighten back and try to remove again. I traded my BX2660 to a B2920 TLB. Mine is at the dealer with the same problem except with the backhoe. My subframe is out of spec. Hope you get your problem solved. When all works as it should, you can have it off in about two minutes or less. Very quick. One other lil thing that you may already know, when you shut the tractor off to remove the hydraulic lines, move the control in every direction to take all the pressure off all the cylinders. Makes it easier to hook back up next time. Setting in the sun also makes it more difficult to connect the quick connects.

/ FEL PIN STUCK NEW BX 2660
Thanks for the replies, everybody. I watched the you tube videos also. If it's a subframe issue, I'm sure the dealer will take care of it. It's just a hassle to take it all the way back to them. I was quite perturbed when I couldn't get the loader off. One other thing - I can't lock the mower deck in the top position. Even when I try to lock it, it will go up and down with the 3 point hitch. I took it off to use the tiller and then my potato hiller-bedder. I was able to put it back on in about 15 minutes. Not bad for the first time! I noticed a bolt next to where the link arms connect is probably set too high, which might be preventing it from moving high enough to use the lock. Kelsir - I like the idea of loosening the bolts. I hope it's that easy to fix. There is also some paint in that joint. Hopefully my dealer has seen this before and has a quick fix.