BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob #1  

rct427

Tractor
Kubota BX2200 with 60" mid-mower deck and BX2750 front snowblower
Hi again from upstate NY, tried a search and found great threads on leveling the deck, however I need help on the height knob. Have a new to me BX2200 with 60" deck.
I am having trouble getting the suspended mower deck cutting height knob to work anywhere close to correct. I tried adjusting the linkage to raise the lift frame to the stops, but no success. Essentially the 0.0 and Top mark stops the deck drop with the blades 2.5" high, the 1.0 mark stops them 4.5" high and every other setting drops the deck to the ground. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob #2  
If you haven't view this post already it may be of some help.

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob
Thanks, did find that post earlier and have adjusted the left rod to lift the linkage all the way but the deck does not seem to stop lowering and suspend at any of the cuting heights on the knob.

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob
Thanks all. I pulled the deck off and got under and watched the mechanism. Simple, dumb fix. I need a new plastic knob. Stripped inside, knob turns, shaft doesn't. Can't believe there is no pin or setscrew on the knob.

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob #6  
Be sure to check everything out under there as unless you put a heck of a strain on the knob, it won't strips, yes, I stripped one when I bought my first one and took it back to the dealer to have them fix the cammed shaft and linkage; poor dealer setup.

/ BX2200 deck cutting height adjustment knob #7  
On mine, the shaft is squared off on one side. If that's what you stripped, wow! There was some kind of torque on it. I could wish they put that on the 3ph rate control. I need to get a pipe wrench on mine because it has frozen up on me and there they only put a roll pin into a grooved notch of the knob. Would have been much stronger with a whole flat side. (Or am I thinking in reverse? The one with the roll pin should have been done with the entire flat side in the plastic knob.)

You are only supposed to adjust that knob when you have it all the way to the top because if you have it down and turn to a setting that is actually higher, you will run the lever arm into the side of the cam that you want it to sit upon. Seems simple enough, but if you don't ever look at it (or at least a drawing of it) it isn't quite so obvious.