Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas?

/ Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas? #1  

THEBUS

Temperature gauge does not work, all wires seem to be o.k., where can I find the temperature sending unit?

/ Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas? #2  
HOW OLD IS THE TRACTOR? and how many hours do u have on it? are u sure it is not working? on my b2400 the temp gauge hardly moves. if it is new , have the dealer check it out. can't help with location of the sending unit on that macnine.

/ Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas? #3  
The first really critical item is to make sure the engine has coolant. If all the juice is gone, the temp reads low because the sender has no fluid to read the temperature for.

Hopefully it is a bad sender, connection or the gauge itself, but better to be safe on fluid if you continue to operate the tractor.

/ Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas?
The tractor is 4 yrs old. It has 160 hrs on it.
Where is the sending unit on this tractor? Any Ideas on how to check the sending unit and the gauge?

thanks

/ Temperature gauge not working on 3410 - Any ideas? #5  
Unfortunately, my tractor is out at the farm so I can't put eyes on the engine directly and give you a description. From the shop manual, though, there are two coolant temp sensors... one for the glow plug system, which you don't want, and the other for the temp gauge. The glow plug one is part of the thermostat assembly... until I look at the engine, I don't know where the other one is.

The wire from the temp gauge should be white/yellow in the wiring harness. Maybe you can trace it down from the console to the engine.

Once you locate the sender, you can check it with an ohmmeter. Per the manual, you are looking for:
122 deg F = approx. 149 ohms
176 deg F = approx. 50 ohms
248 deg F = approx. 16 ohms

Good luck!