Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use? #1  

Hoodoo creek

Tractor
John Deere and Kubota
I've got a 2005 Kubota BX 2200 I bought last year in fantastic shape. Getting it ready for this season and I bought some Castrol 10W-40 for my oil change plus a new filter as per the owners manual. It says to use API service classification CD, CE or CF which I find no hint of on the containers I bought from Napa. I was going to pour it in just the same, but gosh darn it, I don't want to chance any damage. Should I look for oil that states this info, or just go for it? Not sure the importance.

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use? #3  
Are you sure you don't see a rating like 'SF/CD' or similar??

'S' is for spark (gas) and 'C' is for compression (diesel).

Unfortunately, the Castrol site isn't much help.

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use? #5  
I buy all fluids and filters from the Kubota dealer...Peace of mind.

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use? #6  
I've got a 2005 Kubota BX 2200 I bought last year in fantastic shape. Getting it ready for this season and I bought some Castrol 10W-40 for my oil change plus a new filter as per the owners manual. It says to use API service classification CD, CE or CF which I find no hint of on the containers I bought from Napa. I was going to pour it in just the same, but gosh darn it, I don't want to chance any damage. Should I look for oil that states this info, or just go for it? Not sure the importance.

What oil did you buy?

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?
I buy all fluids and filters from the Kubota dealer...Peace of mind.
That's where I bought the filter. I'm going there to buy the oil too! When it comes to my my John Deere, I only go right to the dealer too.

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use? #9  
Delo or Rotella motor oil you can buy at wal mart in gallon containers and is diesel spec'd oil and will do just fine and will be a lot cheaper than any dealers "rebadged" oil they sell you.

/ Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?
Delo or Rotella motor oil you can buy at wal mart in gallon containers and is diesel spec'd oil and will do just fine and will be a lot cheaper than any dealers "rebadged" oil they sell you.

Respectfully, I would rather pour sand in my engine than set foot in walmart. Just kidding on the sand in the engine thing, but I'd rather pay a little bit more to support the mom and pops of America, than support china mart.