Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Tractor
    John Deere and Kubota

    Default Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    I've got a 2005 kubota BX 2200 I bought last year in fantastic shape. Getting it ready for this season and I bought some Castrol 10W-40 for my oil change plus a new filter as per the owners manual. It says to use API service classification CD, CE or CF which I find no hint of on the containers I bought from Napa. I was going to pour it in just the same, but gosh darn it, I don't want to chance any damage. Should I look for oil that states this info, or just go for it? Not sure the importance.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    205
    Location
    MN
    Tractor
    BX 2200

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Use diesel rated oil............Engine Oil: The Difference between Gasoline and Diesel Engines - For Dummies Better have the designation on the oil container.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member SeymourBota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    761
    Location
    Central Vermont
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410, BX2200

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Are you sure you don't see a rating like 'SF/CD' or similar??

    'S' is for spark (gas) and 'C' is for compression (diesel).

    Unfortunately, the Castrol site isn't much help.
    Peter

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Tractor
    John Deere and Kubota

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Okay, rebuying! Thank you!

  5. #5
    Super Member timswi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,012
    Location
    Beaver County Pa
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    I buy all fluids and filters from the kubota dealer...Peace of mind.
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

  6. #6
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,596
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo creek View Post
    I've got a 2005 kubota BX 2200 I bought last year in fantastic shape. Getting it ready for this season and I bought some Castrol 10W-40 for my oil change plus a new filter as per the owners manual. It says to use API service classification CD, CE or CF which I find no hint of on the containers I bought from Napa. I was going to pour it in just the same, but gosh darn it, I don't want to chance any damage. Should I look for oil that states this info, or just go for it? Not sure the importance.
    What oil did you buy?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Tractor
    John Deere and Kubota

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    What oil did you buy?
    It was Castrol 10W-40.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Tractor
    John Deere and Kubota

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    I buy all fluids and filters from the kubota dealer...Peace of mind.
    That's where I bought the filter. I'm going there to buy the oil too! When it comes to my my John Deere, I only go right to the dealer too.

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Delo or Rotella motor oil you can buy at wal mart in gallon containers and is diesel spec'd oil and will do just fine and will be a lot cheaper than any dealers "rebadged" oil they sell you.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Tractor
    John Deere and Kubota

    Default Re: Kubota BX 2200....What oil to use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmart30 View Post
    Delo or Rotella motor oil you can buy at wal mart in gallon containers and is diesel spec'd oil and will do just fine and will be a lot cheaper than any dealers "rebadged" oil they sell you.
    Respectfully, I would rather pour sand in my engine than set foot in walmart. Just kidding on the sand in the engine thing, but I'd rather pay a little bit more to support the mom and pops of America, than support china mart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oil & Fuel Changing Hydraulic Filter Without Draining Oil?
    By BigEd in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 09:59 PM
  2. Oil & Fuel Found this oil cap for Mahindras on Bills website.
    By okieriverboy in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
  3. Kubota Bx 2200 For Sale
    By CLIPPED in forum Private Party Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM
  4. kubota bx 2200 hst problems
    By daniel51 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 01:04 AM
  5. Kubota - BX 2200 and F 2260
    By norsican in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.